Nintendo 3DS XL outer camera not working, but inner camera is working

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by FFT, Jan 7, 2016.

1. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Hello, I have the "old" Nintendo 3DS XL with outer camera not working. Only inner camera seems to work, but outer gives black screen or freezes camera application. Is there a possibility that ribbon is loose or it might be just broken? I mean, if inner camera is working is there still a chance that only camera ribbon is loose?

2. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Update. It's quite weird, I gave Kingdom Hearts 3D a shot and outer camera works in this game! Sadly camera application still does freeze with black screen, but inner camera is working ok. I'm using rxTools, but on clean 7.1.0 and 9.2.0 firmware it behaved the same way. It's not that big issue, because my main goal was to make KH3D working but still it would be nice to have a fully functioning camera. Any clue?

3. Roboman

Roboman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    That's bizzare. The only explanation I can think of is something along the lines of... corrupted camera app?

4. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Yeah I know, it's really weird. I think that I'll just leave it as it is for now, because my goal was to play KH3D not recording videos.