MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
229946-x.jpg

Nintendo Japan has released the full specs of the Nintendo 3DS XL and CVG has translated them.

Nintendo 3DS XL

Size
134mm × 74mm × vertical thickness horizontal 21mm (when folded)
(Including the battery pack stylus SD memory card) 235g
Top screen
(Approximately 16.77 million colors viewable) widescreen LCD with integrated Autostereoscopic
240 dots vertical (horizontal) × 800 dots / (46.08mm vertical 76.8mm × horizontal) 3.53 type
can be assigned respectively to 400 dot 800 dot the right eye-left eye (horizontal three-dimensional representation is possible)
Bottom screen
(Approximately 16.77 million colors viewable) LCD with touch input feature
type 240 3.02 × 320 dots vertical dots next to / (46.08mm 61.44mm × vertical horizontal)
Cameras
Two cameras inside / outside
Resolution (0.3 mega pixels) 640 × 480 both lenses: the number of effective pixels CMOS /:: imaging element / focal length of approximately 300,000 pixels
Communications
2.4GHz communications passing between the play and play Nintendo 3DS available
via the wireless LAN access point can be connected to the Internet (supports IEEE802.11b / g Reinforcement (WPA / WPA2 ) security) within 30m distance recommended ambient communication (※ may be shortened by circumstances)
Game inputs
A / B / X / Y button, cross, L / R buttons, Start / Select button
(Possible 360-degree analog input) Slide pad
Touch screen
Built-in microphone
Camera
Motion sensor
Gyro sensor
System inputs
Game card slot
SD memory card slot
Charging terminal
AC adapter connection terminal
Headphone connection terminal (stereo output)
On the screen left and right stereo speakers (for surround pseudo-)
(10cm when fully extended about) possible expansion and contraction
Battery
If you want to play Nintendo software 3DS : about 3 hours to 6.5 hours
if you want to play the Nintendo DS software: about 5 hours to 8 hours
Battery life may vary depending on the brightness of the screen.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does look like there the color of it is matte. I liked this color on the dsi so I hope this one sure does come to Europe, or at least the USA and I will import it ( for other reasons too , like Zero Escape : Last virtue words)

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
240 vertical resolution on a screen that size will make each individual pixel look huge. It's like taking a low-res pic and doubling it's size without any resampling.

It's like taking this:
ssfiv3ds.jpg

And making it into this:
ssfivxl.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
240 vertical resolution on a screen that size will make each individual pixel look huge. It's like taking a low-res pic and doubling it's size without any resampling.

*snip*
Not the same thing. And it's double the area, not double the width. What you did was quadruple the size.

And you know what they say, seeing is believing. There's nothing that would make me prefer the DSi over my DSi XL. I'll probably feel the same way about this vs the regular 3DS.

Reactions: 3 people

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*snip*
Not the same thing. And it's double the area, not double the width. What you did was quadruple the size.

And you know what they say, seeing is believing. There's nothing that would make me prefer the DSi over my DSi XL. I'll probably feel the same way about this vs the regular 3DS.

Correct! If they doubled the area then:

Keeping the same aspect ratio: doubling the area width * sqrt(2), length * sqrt(2)
A = width * sqrt(2) * length * sqrt(2) = width * length * (sqrt(2) * sqrt(2)) = width * length * 2 = Old Area * 2 (while keeping the same ratio)

D

Deleted User

The only thing I want is the Start, Select, and Home buttons from this monster, otherwise it's just way too big for my taste

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Put it this way:

"Yay! My DS games were blurry on my 3DS, let's get the 3DSXL and make them EVEN MORE BLURRY! I'LL NEED GLASSES BY 40!"
Native DS resolution (i.e. no blur mode) on 3dsXL will have a 3.34 inch screen size which is bigger than blur-mode on orig 3ds.

Your eyes are safe for now. :P

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's like taking this:

see i was wondering about this. i didnt see this topic though until after i posted in the other thread with 30 some odd pages. this is a concern for me.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, since some people don't get it, I'll make it easier to understand.

This is a regular 3DS screenshot:
ssfiv3ds.jpg

And here's the same screenshot resized to match the size increase of the 3DS XL (keep in mind, this shot is filtered. The actual 3DS would have larger unfiltered pixels):
ssfiv3dsxl.jpg

It's really not as drastic as the pic Sevael posted. Considering that this will have smaller pixels than the DSi XL (which weren't that troublesome to begin with), I'm kinda excited.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise