Nintendo 3DS to have payable DLC

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't go overboard with it. To be honest, I prefer to unlock characters and stages by using skill and beating hard challenges rather than spending money...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends how it's handled. If it's DLC like Shivering Isles, where it's a genuine after-thought and a valuable addition to a game, then I'm all for DLC. If it's me paying for something that's already on a game I've already paid for, therefore forcing me to pay twice for something like characters in a fighting game, then they like every other company offering that sort of DLC, can FUCK RIGHT OFF. It's outright thievery and it should be illegal. If I buy a 360 game like, say Marvel VS Capcom 3, and it has characters on there which are locked and only available via DLC codes I have to pay for, then I've paid for the disk, therefore I OWN everything on that disk. I see no reason to pay to use something I already own. It's a fucking outrage. Why do they get away with it?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I say good. but bad it will be 'paid for' content only, by the sound of things.
What happened to free playable demos on 3DS? thats what was said at E3.
we get free videos... but that is not enough really.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
More sexy outfits for the girls in Senran Kagura, also maybe having the enemy characters being playable. Hopefully this will be cheap DLC and not be highway robbery like those in Live and in most regions of PSN (especially in the US seriously, expensive much).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hop2089 said:
More sexy outfits for the girls in Senran Kagura, also maybe having the enemy characters being playable. Hopefully this will be cheap DLC and not be highway robbery like those in Live and in most regions of PSN (especially in the US seriously, expensive much).
But seeing quite atrocious prices on the eShop, I don't really hope much.

It would be a surprise if DLC only costs $0.99 - $2.99

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you forgot to quote is Iwata stated that none of the first party content would be charged for as DLC, what ever they release would be free as they feel charging customers would alienate them.

The paid for DLC would be for 3rd party games and would be entirely in the hands of the 3rd party on how much they would charge etc etc

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yusuo said:
What you forgot to quote is Iwata stated that none of the first party content would be charged for as DLC, what ever they release would be free as they feel charging customers would alienate them.

The paid for DLC would be for 3rd party games and would be entirely in the hands of the 3rd party on how much they would charge etc etc
Thanks for pointing that out
smile.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they can really do good DLC's like a real addon that gives you another few hours of gameplay instead of just a few more minutes it is a great thing ^^

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No charging for 1st party content DLC? I'm in.

In any case, I like DLC when it's free or when it's not something that "they purposely left out during development".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is this news? Nintendo had DLC's on the DS aswell (Solatorobo, 100 Classic Books and many others), in fact, even on the GBA to an extent (e-Reader Cards with bonus content, for example for Pokemon).

They have nothing to "catch up" on, they pioneered in the matter.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free first-party DLC? I'm already happy for this.

I don't think that any DLC from Nintendo would be bad. As for 3rd party...

Nintendo better limit the amount of DLC per game before Capcom abuses the system.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
Imagine all the DLC for SSB and Mario Kart
blink.gif
Tons of Nintendo characters in both!

SSB would be excellent, Maro Kart DLC character-wise won't need it, I always main Daisy in Mario Kart nowdays. Mario Kart needs extra tracks and upgrades for karts.

D

Deleted_171835

Foxi4 said:
How is this news? Nintendo had DLC's on the DS aswell (Solatorobo, 100 Classic Books and many others), in fact, even on the GBA to an extent (e-Reader Cards with bonus content, for example for Pokemon).

They have nothing to "catch up" on, they pioneered in the matter.
That's not really DLC since the content was already on the cart. You just downloaded a code online that unlocked it.

I don't mind actual DLC. It would work pretty well with Mario Kart 7 (new tracks, karts, etc.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Slyakin said:
Free first-party DLC? I'm already happy for this.

I don't think that any DLC from Nintendo would be bad. As for 3rd party...

Nintendo better limit the amount of DLC per game before Capcom abuses the system.

No. Capcom just releases the exact same game and adds "Turbo" to the title - they don't roll with DLC's.

D

Deleted_171835

Foxi4 said:
No. Capcom just releases the exact same game and adds "Turbo" to the title - they don't roll with DLC's.
This image begs to differ.
lHhGk.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SoulSnatcher said:
Foxi4 said:
This image begs to differ.

I see you didn't get the joke. Nevermind...
wink.gif

Street Fighter II was followed by a series of updated versions, each refining the play mechanics, graphics, character roster and other aspects of the game. The first was Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, released for the arcades in 1992, which allowed players to control the four Grand Masters and same character matches. This was followed by Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting during the same year, which increased the playing speed and gave some of the characters new special moves. Super Street Fighter II was released in 1993, which marked the change to the more advanced CP System II, allowing for fully revamped graphics and music, while introducing four new characters. Super Street Fighter II Turbo was released in 1994 and was the last of the Street Fighter II releases for the arcades, which introduced powered-up special moves called Super Combos and added a new hidden character.

All five Street Fighter II games have ported to various platforms, both in individual releases and in compilations. There has also been exclusive home versions such as Hyper Street Fighter II (which was retroactively ported to the arcade) and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Super-Duper Street Figther II Mega Zeta Fighting comming soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended