Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mhhmmm cause thats just bad PR right there makes me wonder how they will handle Project cafe/wii2 maybe shut off the internal fan causing overheating seriously did nintendo watch Sony's Mistakes with hotz maybe their brainless and didn't learn from the compitition

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Nintendo 3DS also keeps track of the games users play along with any data or information created while using the device, the FSF charges, including personal data such as any name, address or other information they enter as well as "age, gender, geographic area, game play data, online status, Nintendo 3DS System serial number and device ID, device certificate information, cookies, Friend Codes, wireless access point information, Internet Protocol ('IP') address, and Media Access Control ('MAC') address," the group explained, quoting the Nintendo 3DS System Privacy Policy.

Nintendo also collects "User Content," the group adds, "which they define as all 'comments, messages, images, photos, movies, information, data and other content'," it explains, quoting the Nintendo 3DS End User License Agreement.

Are those guys morons? You aren't able to put in your name or address on the 3DS, your age, gender and vague geographical location is hardly relevant and why the hell shouldn't the 3DS store information about its own serial number and ID? Oh dear, the 3DS stores data about the games you play and even uses save data. WHAT WILL WE DO NOW? NINTENDO IS WATCHING OUR EVERY MOVE.

If this kind of stuff is worth targeting the 3DS for, well, we might as well stop using any kind of technology that does more than tell the time. We can't use something with an alarm function, though, since that "keeps track of information created while using the device". Which is horribly, horribly wrong.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I agree with some of it. For example, them having access to your pictures?!? WHY?!?

But for other parts I can't see their point. As Wintrale said, it's perfectly fine for your 3DS to upload information on your serial number.

And then there's the border: I think you should be able to choose whether Nintendo can see the software you are using.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You know all those people who said they were gonna take a 3D picture of their "parts"? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're either not going to anymore, or will delete them asap.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs