Nintendo 3DS system update 4.2.0-9 blocks flashcarts

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Nintendo 3DS system update 4.2.0-9 aired yesterday and our members noted that on top of the additional minor changes, the update blocks once again most flashcarts.

The official change log:
1. Usual bug fixes/security updates
2. Allows more character types to be used for passwords for saved Credit Card info to improve safety.

The Supercard DSTWO firwmare has already been updated, you can download version 1.16 from Filetrip.

Here is the current status of the working & non-working flashcarts, as updated by Pong20302000 in this superthread.

Flashcards Working:
R4iDSN 3DS(www.r4idsn.com)- if worked on 4.1.0-8 no newer update required
R4iGold 3DS(www.r4ids.cn)- if worked on 4.1.0-8no newer update required
R4i Gold (non-3DS, r4ids.cn)- if worked on 4.1.0-8 no newer update required
R4iTT Purple / Black (r4itt.net)- if worked on 4.1.0-8 no newer update required
R4i Gold Plus (www.r4ids.com) - if worked on 4.1.0-8 no newer update required
Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc) - Firmware 1.16 update

Flashcards Blocked:
R4 Origional (r4ds.com)
TTi (ndstt.com)
iEvo (cyclopsds.com)
M3i zero GMP-Z003 (m3adapter.com)
Acekard 2i (HW81) (acekard.com)
Supercard DSOnei (supercard.sc)
EZFlash Vi (ezflash.cn)
R4i-SDHC 3DS (r4i-sdhc.com)
GEI *Galaxy Eagle* (ge.ndsi.in)

Flashcards Unknown:
Action Replay 3DS
R4iGold 3DS (R4iGold.cc)
R4iGold (R4iGold.cc)
R4infinity Dual Core (r4infinity.com)
R4i-Gold 3DS (r4i-gold.com)
R4i-Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com)
R4iGold RTS (r4i-gold.cc)

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pong20302000, the patch also depends on the hardware structure of the flashcard. As you know, r4i gold(r4ids.cn) and dstwo can always release the patch just because of their good hardware design. You can check it on this forum.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Pong20302000, the patch also depends on the hardware structure of the flashcard. As you know, r4i gold(r4ids.cn) and dstwo can always release the patch just because of their good hardware design. You can check it on this forum.

yes there good design
but i was correcting the person that thought it was suspicious how fast it was done

but example Acekard take there time because they are "Testing" or waiting for DSi update so they dont have to do 2 updates

Reactions: 1 person

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My poor, dusty 3DS. If only I had a reason to pick it up, I might be concerned about the update. I'm sure Acekard will fix the problem well before I get the inspiration to pick that thing up again. :P

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm scared because the "scene" is going to run out of games to exploit with..I saw somewhere ..*maybe DS BREW* that there is only a select few games that can fool the 3DS, and every time a update comes out...it blocks another hole

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm scared because the "scene" is going to run out of games to exploit with..I saw somewhere ..*maybe DS BREW* that there is only a select few games that can fool the 3DS, and every time a update comes out...it blocks another hole

This can go on forever... flash memory size is the only limit for both Nintendo and the flashcart makers:
- Every time N makes a new patch they only add a few extra bytes from the game the flashcart used to fake...
-The flashcart makers add those extra bytes on their flashcart.
- Rinse repeat.

loco365

Trophies
XP

This can go on forever... flash memory size is the only limit for both Nintendo and the flashcart makers:
- Every time N makes a new patch they only add a few extra bytes from the game the flashcart used to fake...
- Rinse repeat.
So in theory, the next flashcard update could be the same game we currently have, Deep Labyrinth?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

- Rinse repeat.
So in theory, the next flashcard update could be the same game we currently have, Deep Labyrinth?

yeah, why are they not using the same games over and over?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Team supercard are awesome and super fast with there updates well done team.

Yeah, they are so fast that I was surprised how long it took them to come up with a fix this time. Usually they put out an update in less than a day but this time it took them a bit longer. I guess the 3DS update was harder to work around than usual.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It was confirmed that only old r4itt purple can support 3ds v4.2.0-9. The old r4itt is listed below:
05.jpg

not the new one,which can not support 3ds v4.2.0-9.
04.jpg

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes there good design
but i was correcting the person that thought it was suspicious how fast it was done
but example Acekard take there time because they are "Testing" or waiting for DSi update so they dont have to do 2 updates
In fact, the hardware structure of ak2i is not good. The games can be used as the loader for ak2i become little and little.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was confirmed that only old r4itt purple can support 3ds v4.2.0-9. The old r4itt is listed below:
05.jpg

not the new one,which can not support 3ds v4.2.0-9.
04.jpg

They are from the same team? Seems the old version was not supported by new team any more, right?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: