Nintendo 3DS Price Cut August 12th

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by omega59, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011
  1. omega59
    OP

Member omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just found out come this August Nintendo is cutting the price of their 3DS handheld device from $249 to $169. And those who already purchased and gone to the eShop will be recieveing a gift... 20 games FREE.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/nintend...t-12th-current/

2. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This news is right on the front page of this site. *Major facepalm*

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    It's been posted already.

Why Hacking & Homebrew though?

4. omega59
    OP

Canada
  5. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
  6. Xellos2099

Member Xellos2099 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just pick up a 3ds in order to get the free game and pm on 8/12. What ds flash cart would work on the system? I heard story of R4i gold and acekard 2i work, is ti true and where is the cheapest price i can get it from?

7. MountApple

Newcomer MountApple Member

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/t297140-3ds-updates-and-flashcarts-a-faq

8. Anacobra

Member Anacobra GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Actually this is somewhat related to hacking.

The cheaper it is to get a console, the more people who will buy it. The more of a demand for something, say a custom firmware or a 3DS flash card that could potentially allow 3DS homebrew, obviously it would seem more like an investment rather than just helping out a small handful of whiny pirates.

9. Alexandre Verrie

Newcomer Alexandre Verrie Member

United States
    Where did you get the info that "R4i gold and acekard 2i work"? i get my R4i gold 3ds from digitopz here: http://www.digitopz.com/nintendo-3ds-flashcard-c-29.html and you also can find some other shops in shoptemp.

10. omega59
    OP

Canada
    interesting. chartube i will not entertain your rudeness anymore. Have a nice life.

11. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    i just got a genius idea , i still havent got the 3ds yet, so i will just buy 1 3ds before the price drop when i can still download the 20 free games from the eshop , and then buy another one right after the price cut , then i wont open the second one ,and i will return it to the store with the recipt from the first one that says $249 , so i get both the lower price AND the 20 free game downloads, ill just return the secong 3ds i paid $169 for with the recipt for the 1st 3ds i buy before the price cut and get my $249 back ,
    does anyone know if the 20 games can be the nes games with the 3d effect added to them?or canyou just download regular nes games? and is it just nes, or snes too ,i thought i read that you could get a link to the past 3d

12. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what's the point of doing that... you're still only getting 80 dollars back

just buy the 3DS before price drop, register, then on the day of price drop, take the receipt back and say i want my price match / protection guarantee

and none of the games ou get are 3D AFAIK

it's regualr nintendo games and gba games, all preselected from Nintendo, no choice on what you want or don't want.

13. Tapia Would

Newcomer Tapia Would Member

United States
    that would be a great idea for me since i used my brothers gamestop card that had credit on 150$ credit on it id get a big profit

14. misssmk

Newcomer misssmk Member

United States
    If I'm not mistaken most retailers scan a series of barcodes/serial #s that are unique to your item and receipt. So if you took the 2nd one back, they might not accept it because the barcodes/serial #s wouldn't match. I could be wrong though.

15. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1.open boxes
    2.swap 3DSes
    3.hope they don't care/notice opened box.
    4.?????
    5.Profit! (literally)

16. misssmk

Newcomer misssmk Member

United States
    Well when you out it that way. LOL

17. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    yeah or you could just cut the bar code from one box and glue it on the other, or scan it and re print it and cut it out and glue it to the box, but bar codes are not that specific , they will be the same , there is a transaction # on the recipt in most stores, but it has nothing to do with the bar code, they are not going to ship new units with different bar codes for the price cut, they will just have the stores change what price the stores computer comes back with when that bar code is scanned, if they didnt then any old stock would ring up the old 249$ price when they are never ging back to that price , they are not going to send all the old inventory back just to change the price, they just edit the price in the stores computers, and bar codes are just item #'s there are no serial #'s embeded in bar codes, the system can tell what it is but not which exact sn one it is

18. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    i work in a shop, the barcodes of 2 items that are the same also match haha

there will be a unique code somewhere on the box, but i doubt they'll notice\ say anything about it, the til will pop up with the right item and there's still a 3ds in the box, it's a good idea, but like someone said earlier, take it back and claim profit protection!

19. muckers

Member muckers GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    They will check the serial numbers. They won't match. You'll be out of pocket.

When we sell a 3DS we have to scan the serial number barcode, and that number will be printed on the receipt.

20. Koldur

Member Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Netherlands
    And what if that 3DS was swapped by Nintendo because a customer sent it in their selves?