Not open for further replies.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The latest figures from Japan's Media Create are in, showing that last years trend has been fully reversed. Now the consumers are hungry for Nintendo's 3DS, given that it shipped 121,921 units in the week ending April 1st. That put it comfortably ahead of the PlayStation3 (23,771), PSP (18,356) and PS Vita's (12,105) sales combined. The stats reveal that the 3DS is now accounting for 65 percent of all hardware sales in the country, a marked turnaround from when the console's future looked gloomy. Meanwhile, the biggest selling game was Kingdom Hearts 3D for Nintendo's newest handheld, which managed to shift over 200,000 units in just seven days.

0016qcpc.gif

http://www.engadget....4/05/3ds-sales/

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't live in Japan, i don't own a Japanese 3DS, and thanks to region locking i can't play Japanese 3DS games. Therefore this news makes absolutely no impact on me. Did the Japanese craze for Horse Racing and Dating games spread like wildfire in the West because it was popular in Japan? Not that i'm aware of....same idea for this phenomenon.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow, it outsells the PS2, which is ancient and still sells *unlike the Gamecube*, the PSP which is *last gen*, the PS3 which is *owned by everyone who wanted one by now* and the Vita which is *more expensive and doesn't have a library appealing to the Japanese audience yet*. That, and weekly sales? Nice trolling there, OriginalHamster.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: This song has been my latest Kero Kero Bonito obsession. It's just so chill