Not open for further replies.

HamburgerBandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest figures from Japan's Media Create are in, showing that last year's trend has been fully reversed. Now the consumers are hungry for Nintendo's 3DS, given that it shipped 121,921 units in the week ending April 1st. That put it comfortably ahead of the PlayStation 3 (23,771), PSP (18,356) and PS Vita's (12,105) sales combined. The stats reveal that the 3DS is now accounting for 65 percent of all hardware sales in the country, a marked turnaround from when the console's future looked gloomy. Meanwhile, the biggest selling game was Kingdom Hearts 3D for Nintendo's newest handheld, which managed to shift over 200,000 units in just seven days.

http://www.engadget....4/05/3ds-sales/

Great news for everyone who loves handheld gaming!

EDIT: I noticed the ban on weekly sales news. This isn't weekly sales. It's a story about how Nintendo has turned around the bad fortunes of the 3DS launch and is now crushing their competition outselling 4 devices combined.

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The latest figures from Japan's Media Create are in, showing that last year's trend has been fully reversed. Now the consumers are hungry for Nintendo's 3DS, given that it shipped 121,921 units in the week ending April 1st. That put it comfortably ahead of the PlayStation 3 (23,771), PSP (18,356) and PS Vita's (12,105) sales combined. The stats reveal that the 3DS is now accounting for 65 percent of all hardware sales in the country, a marked turnaround from when the console's future looked gloomy. Meanwhile, the biggest selling game was Kingdom Hearts 3D for Nintendo's newest handheld, which managed to shift over 200,000 units in just seven days.

http://www.engadget....4/05/3ds-sales/

Great news for everyone who loves handheld gaming!

EDIT: I noticed the ban on weekly sales news. This isn't weekly sales. It's a story about how Nintendo has turned around the bad fortunes of the 3DS launch and is now crushing their competition outselling 4 devices combined.
Yep, definitely not weekly sales :rolleyes:

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a pretty big turnaround from where it was last year.. That being said, it is of course only for Japan. I am kind of curious as to what the global figures would be like

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They're not crushing their competition, they're selling better than the ancient PSP and PS3 everybody and their dog already has and the twice as expensive Vita. Besides, this was already posted, thus the tread shall be reported.

HamburgerBandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a pretty big turnaround from where it was last year.. That being said, it is of course only for Japan. I am kind of curious as to what the global figures would be like

Apparently its doing very well WW as well. I'm glad they turned things around. I never thought it would happen. It almost seemed like the press hated the 3DS.

But then again, they hated the DS when it launched. I just think they thrive on drama, and now that the machine is a success they'll all say "well we always knew it would succeed."

Yeah, sure... haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night