Hacking Nintendo 3DS: new Firmware update available (Ver. 10.5.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated hesitantly...i dont know if they might have put a brick code in there :(

Thats how I would do it.... have a secret clock on emunand then 2 days later... BOOM...

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a problem i want to delete pkmn or and as of my n3ds (they dont show up in homescreen)
and if i go to data management on both games is a cross on the icon and it says the data cannot be deleted
how can i get rid of this

i got it i had to delete the title and savedata

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
i have a problem i want to delete pkmn or and as of my n3ds (they dont show up in homescreen)
and if i go to data management on both games is a cross on the icon and it says the data cannot be deleted
how can i get rid of this
Quoting to ask you why you would need both games taking up precious space? xD

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
updated hesitantly...i dont know if they might have put a brick code in there :(

Thats how I would do it.... have a secret clock on emunand then 2 days later... BOOM...

They didn't, though. All they changed was the friends list (version numbers?) and some other misc. data in 10.5. If there was anything remotely bad like that, the 3dbrew/3dsdev guys would've seen it from a mile away by now (since 10.4 is the most recent "major" update to patch stuff).

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't, though. All they changed was the friends list (version numbers?) and some other misc. data in 10.5. If there was anything remotely bad like that, the 3dbrew/3dsdev guys would've seen it from a mile away by now (since 10.4 is the most recent "major" update to patch stuff).

Cool thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROMf's are the modified 3DS games that you can get using HANS. Like Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire. (You need the original retal cartridges or a clean CIA to emulate the ROMf's)

So i wont have a problem making my own CIAs? Thats my main concern.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
:)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing a random game i turn from 3ds to CIA.... just a normal decrypt like i always do(Are you smarter than a 5th Grader). Guess that works fine... but this is the last time I update my emunand without knowing everything about it.

Incolbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just updated his 3ds emunand to 10.5 after I brought him into RxTools Master Race. However, now he can't seem to get into homebrew launcher to install his last few cias. He has none of the needed hardware. I saw a post about browserhax being possible still. How would he go about getting it to work on 10.5?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
My friend just updated his 3ds emunand to 10.5 after I brought him into RxTools Master Race. However, now he can't seem to get into homebrew launcher to install his last few cias. He has none of the needed hardware. I saw a post about browserhax being possible still. How would he go about getting it to work on 10.5?

Why boot into HomebrewLauncher to install .CIAs? Install FBI in his emuNAND and he is good to go.

1) Boot into rxTools while holding L
2) Go to "Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Check TMD" Write down the version and the region.
3) From the rxTools .zip, go to release/Tools/fbi_injection and drag and drop fbi_inject.app and fbi_inject.tmd from the corresponding region and TMD to your SD card root.
4) Go back to rxTools Menu.
5) Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Inject FBI.
6) Open rxTools
7) Go into Health & Care app. It will launch FBI. Install fbi.cia from... itself.
8) Boot into rxTools again while holding L.
9) Go to the Advanced tab and restore the Health & Care app
10) Boot into emunand
11) Use the FBI you installed to install whatever you want

There is also a HomebrewLauncher.CIA You can install it in your emuNAND so he can launch it from there. Hold Y when you launch the HombrewLauncher.cia to generate a file. Edit that file with Notepad++. Search for "boot.3dsx" inside the file. Edit this with whatever name you want eg "HBL8.3dsx"(note the HomebrewLauncher's boot.3dsx in his SDcard must also be renamed to the same name you gave it by using Notepad++ eg in the example I gave it the name "HBL8.3dsx". (But I assume he uses CtrBootManager or sth similar?)

What i told you was taken from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/ Unfortunately he edited his guide. I don't know if he still says the same stuff; just linking you for proper credits.

Reactions: Ailuros27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte