• Replies 82
  • Likes 1

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks so sexy it almost makes me forget how shitty the 3DS is.
still waiting for the next upgraded 3DS, with two sliders, L2/R2, doesn't have extra plastic to make it look extra shitty, hardware that isn't 10 years old, and games that aren't remakes, milked franchises, or children's games.
then i'll buy one.
Pokemon, Zelda, Starfox, and Mario are all milked franchises and children's games.
Just sayin'.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still waiting for the next upgraded 3DS, with two sliders, L2/R2, doesn't have extra plastic to make it look extra shitty, hardware that isn't 10 years old, and games that aren't remakes, milked franchises, or children's games.
then i'll buy one.
Pokemon, Zelda, Starfox, and Mario are all milked franchises and children's games.
Just sayin'.

They're milked franchises, but they're also all still producing winners (Starfox less so than the others, but whatever). "Monkey Ball" ..... now that's a milked franchise. But the video game market's always gonna be that way to some extent ... there'll be anniversary editions of Puyo Puyo and Bust a Move coming out 50 years from now, and it'll still be the same damned game.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine's not shitty. Game catalog ain't much to speak of yet but good games are coming. Same thing happened with the DS 7 years ago. It wasn't really until Mario Kart DS came along that the thing was worth buying.
that's what i just said. i'm waiting for the 3DS to be worth it to make a purchase. it isn't worth it yet. it's still a piece of shit.
remakes and milked franchises are a reality on every game console. At least with OOT Nintendo did it right ... it's fantastic!
no one milks franchises like nintendo milks franchises. mario has been whored to children and fanboys for 30 years and it's still going strong. along with the other nintendo flagship franchises like zelda, or metroid.
i love mario. i don't love mario kart being remade for every single nintendo system.
As for 'children's games' ... what's wrong with games made for kids??? I'll bet you dollars to donuts you were enjoying games a few years back on your GBA or DS that I consider 100% for little kids.
i guarantee you that i never played childrens' games on the gba... not that it matters >.>
Children will always be a large percentage of Nintendo's handheld customer base, and thank God for that.
and you're right on this. this is what i've been trying to tell every single one of you crazy people on this forum but for some reason everyone denies it saying "LOL NINTENDO IS FOR KIDS YEAH RIGHT BUDDY LOOK AT MARIO AND POKEMON."
Just sayin'.
that's exactly what i was referring to.
"hi my name is nintendo and it's 1983 and everyone seems to love our mario game. so we're not gonna stop making different versions of it for THIRTY FUCKING YEARS woohoo!"
rinse and repeat for zelda, starfox, metroid.
although i wouldn't put pokemon in that category yet.
give it another 20 years.
i love nintendo but jesus. they're vulnerable to criticism like no other.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
then i'll buy one.
Just sayin'.
oh really and what about halo, cod, mw are they MILKED? and their just boring RUN N GUN shooters

Just sayin'. :creep:

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is, Ninty makes children's games so good, that even adults are interested in playing them. Unlike "adult games" which only "cool children" play.

The way I see it, it's a win-win from Ninty.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then i'll buy one.
Just sayin'.
oh really and what about halo, cod, mw are they MILKED? and their just boring RUN N GUN shooters

Agreed there. I'm just saying that any games that get popular become "milked franchises".
For example, I'd never heard about the Dragon Quest series before DQIX and now pretty much everyone has.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
then i'll buy one.
Just sayin'.

Agreed there. I'm just saying that any games that get popular become "milked franchises".
For example, I'd never heard about the Dragon Quest series before DQIX and now pretty much everyone has.
Are you serious? O:

DQ is among one of the most famous games in Japan. It's not as popular in the west, but with over 10+ games in the series (including spin-off games), It's unlikely to not even know the name.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Sure is retard in here.

Nintendo creates games that are widely accessible, being fun for anyone from 4-90. That does not mean they make "kids" games, or design their games for kids. It means they design their games so that kids can play them, in addition to all other age ranges. They have, of course, recognized that children are a decent part of their demographic, and so, for most of their games, do not include material that would make them inaccessible to those age groups.

Don't underestimate children. I beat Super Mario World, all 96 exits, and A Link to the Past when I was 7. I dare you to call those "kids games".

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They do ship outside but console is a nono
vader.jpg

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

>
>implying mw =/= cod

there's a difference between milked and just plain successful.
halo? there are only four. five counting ODST. successful.
mw? mw3 is the last mw, and mw 1+2 are both extremely successful.
cod in general? it has established its place as one of the godfathers of first person shooters on any console.
mario? over 30 years, various remakes, various ports, same racing game being remade over and over. merchandise, toys, dildos, for thirty. fucking. years. milked.
just saiyin
not quite - do you know what it means to be milked? it doesn't mean it's popular/successful. it means nintendo is sucking every drop of milk they can get from mario's, link's, donkey kong's, and samus' nipples before they die. which obviously won't happen anytime soon (or will it? the vita will blow the 3DS out of the water and after the wii u is released, the xbox 3 and ps4 will be released. destined to murder the wii u) because for some reason, there are people saying "no, don't stop making the same shit. WE LOVE BUYING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER FOR OUR WHOLE LIVES. shitty handheld console? no problem just give me a zelda remake and some more mario remakes and ports and i'm good to go!"
that and there is an ass load of kids who want a 3/DS/i/wii for their birthdays every single year.
i know i was one of them.

oh and, i'm not sure how you didn't know what DQ was. it's been pretty known about here in the states ever since DQ8 on the ps2.
funny how you think "now everyone knows about it."
that hipster mentality, eh? ;D

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

>
>implying mw =/= cod

there's a difference between milked and just plain successful.
halo? there are only four. five counting ODST. successful.
mw? mw3 is the last mw, and mw 1+2 are both extremely successful.
cod in general? it has established its place as one of the godfathers of first person shooters on any console.
mario? over 30 years, various remakes, various ports, same racing game being remade over and over. merchandise, toys, dildos, for thirty. fucking. years. milked.
just saiyin
not quite - do you know what it means to be milked? it doesn't mean it's popular/successful. it means nintendo is sucking every drop of milk they can get from mario's, link's, donkey kong's, and samus' nipples before they die. which obviously won't happen anytime soon (or will it? the vita will blow the 3DS out of the water and after the wii u is released, the xbox 3 and ps4 will be released. destined to murder the wii u) because for some reason, there are people saying "no, don't stop making the same shit. WE LOVE BUYING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER FOR OUR WHOLE LIVES. shitty handheld console? no problem just give me a zelda remake and some more mario remakes and ports and i'm good to go!"
that and there is an ass load of kids who want a 3/DS/i/wii for their birthdays every single year.
i know i was one of them.

oh and, i'm not sure how you didn't know what DQ was. it's been pretty known about here in the states ever since DQ8 on the ps2.
funny how you think "now everyone knows about it."
that hipster mentality, eh? ;D
1556572-likes.jpg

All of Nintendo's flagship franchises are ridiculously successful. Your logic is arguing against its self. Go play some more of your successful CoD games.

Reactions: 1 person

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Everything lasting past 4 games (even if blatant texture packs) is extremely successful, unless it's Nintendo.

Gotta love that fanboy logic, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: