Nintendo 3DS gets a new firmware update for version 11.14.0-46

dims.jpg

2020 hasn't been the most stable year, but at least Nintendo is hard at work making sure that above all else, the Nintendo 3DS is the most stable thing in your life during these trying times. The system has just received a brand new firmware update, the first of 2020, to be exact, bringing the revision number to 11.14.0-46. Currently, the yls8 page shows us that a few changes were made regarding the web browser, NATIVE_FIRM, and more. The official changelog from Nintendo says the oh so popular phrase you've come to love:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Considering the random nature of this update, and the first few initial claims of those that took the plunge already, you might want to hold off on updating for right now, if you value having homebrew on your console. Reports state that Luma3DS is crashing, and that BrowserHax has been patched.

:arrow: Source

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
which ds model do you have exactly? I will test it out tonight on my new 3ds xl and old 3ds and 2ds and see what happens

New 2DS XL. I've been charging it over night, still the same thing. Just strange that the battery would go awol just like that. I still play the 3DS every week.

Last edited by RookieKid,

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
All of a sudden the battery-indicator went from blinking read to full battery in about 1 hour. Have turned on the 3DS since then and for now it seems to be working fine. First time I've had this happened to me.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
no one posted an update here.

well they got it again i guess.
Luma3ds was updated and tested within an hour after the OFW update.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-luma3ds-v10-2-1-fixed-11-14-crashing.577364/
The OP really needs to be updated, 11.14 was fixed literally within the same hour after the release of 11.14.
Sometimes people discover more bricks later
It's extremely unlikely that your system would brick and even in the extremely unlikely chance that it does brick, it's easy to fix.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: DJPlace

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3ds was updated and tested within an hour after the OFW update.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-luma3ds-v10-2-1-fixed-11-14-crashing.577364/
The OP really needs to be updated, 11.14 was fixed literally within the same hour after the release of 11.14.

It's extremely unlikely that your system would brick and even in the extremely unlikely chance that it does brick, it's easy to fix.

thanks for pointing that out. I'll take some of the blame has well.

Reactions: The Catboy

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely – and ntrboot will always be unpatchable. (Though of course the requirement of having an ntrboot-compatible flashcart can be inconvenient.) Did you think I was suggesting the contrary?

My point was that it doesn't seem to make much sense to install cfw just to "protect access to homebrew" when there will always be some means of installing cfw.
oh ok i think i got u and someone else mixed up lol

TheTechnoGamer01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

2020 hasn't been the most stable year, but at least Nintendo is hard at work making sure that above all else, the Nintendo 3DS is the most stable thing in your life during these trying times. The system has just received a brand new firmware update, the first of 2020, to be exact, bringing the revision number to 11.14.0-46. Currently, the yls8 page shows us that a few changes were made regarding the web browser, NATIVE_FIRM, and more. The official changelog from Nintendo says the oh so popular phrase you've come to love:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Considering the random nature of this update, and the first few initial claims of those that took the plunge already, you might want to hold off on updating for right now, if you value having homebrew on your console. Reports state that Luma3DS is crashing, and that BrowserHax has been patched.

:arrow: Source
Thought i bricked my console... until i realised i just had to update luma3ds, lol

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just got the notice to update and saw it was breaking Homebrew stuff online. I have CFW installed, is it safe for me to update?
Idem, it loaded it in the background this morning. So, this is the same update everyone here was talking about those last days?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean there's still updates coming out for this? Don't get me wrong, love the 3DS, but it should be dead with the whole cancellation of production and all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended