Nintendo 3DS FW 4.5.0-0e what can ido?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by crazy_p, Sep 4, 2016.

1. crazy_p
    OP

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    Hi, i recently found my Old 3DS with FW 2.3 so i updated it with Luigis Mansion to 4.5.0-0e.
    Now is my Question what can actually do with this Firmware? The problem is that i cant access the internet Browser for any Exploit.. thanks for your help

2. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You will need a DS flashcard to setup the MSET exploit, which you can use to launch Rxtools 2.5.2 to update to 9.2 FW, which will also install a browser.

3. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    He can use ctrnand to downgrade to 2.1 with browser, than he can install a9lh and restore from backup. Still needs ds cart

4. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Yes thanks for mentioning, I was actually looking for the link to those instructions: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(MSET)

5. crazy_p
    OP

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    Thanks for your Answers! I have an old Acekard2ds but it wont work on my 3ds.. So whats the easyest way buy a Gateway Flashcard or update it via Game to another FW? Ps I have a Sky3ds Flahcard if it helps..

6. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    you could use the Sky3DS card instead and update to a newer version (9.0 or later) using a game. then "downgrade" to 9.2.0-20 with cubic ninja or another exploit game, and continue with the ctrtransfer from there.

Ryccardo likes this.
  7. crazy_p
    OP

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    ok lets say i update my 3ds with Cooking Mama Bon Appetit to 9.2 after this i can run cubic ninja and then how do i downgrade to -20??

8. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    You do ctrnand transfer to 2.1, install a9lh and update

9. crazy_p
    OP

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    ok, i dont wanna do something wrong first of all update my 3ds to 9.2.0-0e (now im on 4.5.0-0e
    2. Load Cubic Ninja but heres my Problem on Smeas Site is no Qr Code for this FW the lowests is 9.2.0-7e is that a problem? Am i able to launch Homebrew Launcher on this Firmware?
    3. In HBL launch ctrnand transfer .
    Sorry for my stupid questions im so paranoid...

10. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    Do this
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thats what the holy guide says...

Edit- now the right link

Just update with your sk3ds to 9.0 or 9.2 and then put cubic ninja (same region as your 3ds) and then go to the link I placed here

Edit2 - u can also use freaky forms (another 3ds game, just load it on yr sky3ds)

Last edited by natanelho, Sep 4, 2016
  11. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    don't worry about the -7 part.

so update to 9.2 with Sky3DS, then use cubic ninja to use Decrypt9, do the ctrtransfer method, install a9lh, restore, update basically.

if you need help, you can send me a PM or ask on the "noob paradise" thread.