Nintendo 3DS firmware update 11.13.0-45 released

The 3DS has received a new update and, shockingly enough, the changelog doesn't mention stability for once! Firmware 11.13.0-45 has been released in all regions for both New and Old consoles and it is aimed towards fixing a bug with the system's StreetPass functionality. Sure enough, initial reports show that the only updated sysmodules are StreetPass, friends and Web browser data, alongside your usual NVer/CVer changes. The official release notes can be read below:

Ver. 11.13.0-45U (December 2nd, 2019)
  • Resolved an issue where StreetPass would not work in some cases.

Not much else is known at the time and consoles that have already been hacked via boot9strap should be able to update just fine but, as usual, you may want to refrain from installing the new firmware version until someone else gives the all clear - especially if you own a stock console that you wish to mod. This post will be kept up-to-date with any other useful hacking & homebrew related info.

:arrow: Source (Console: New / Old)
:arrow: Official Nintendo release notes

Last edited by RattletraPM,

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're doing something weird, you just follow http://3ds.guide like everyone else.

Don't follow video guides.
that guide is making me use hardware to hardmod solder or use a flash cart. just ordered an ace3ds x, but until then i know it can be softmodded. im following youtube for now. fredminer... is fredminer the same as seedminer?

also any dns server for 11.13? that would really help rn tbh.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that guide is making me use hardware to hardmod solder or use a flash cart.
No, the guide provides a method that works on the latest firmware version (i.e. 11.13). If you do not already have 11.13, then you just upgrade your firmware to 11.13 and follow the steps. There is no practical advantage to staying on a lower firmware.

is fredminer the same as seedminer?
The names are kind of misleading at this point. The important thing is all the current methods (without using a flashcart) begin with brute-forcing your movable.sed.

also any dns server for 11.13? that would really help rn tbh.

What exactly do you need a DNS server for? If you are trying to circumvent the need to upgrade to the latest firmware, then a DNS server will not help you.

If you are following a video guide that says you need a DNS server, then stop following that video guide.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: ry755

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Ninetndo still releasing updates for 3ds I thought It is a dying/old console
Considering how fast Nintendo killed off the game boy line and non-3ds family, i too would've thought that they'd abandon the 3ds series by now and just be all about making more switch consoles and incomplete games at $60 each.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is Ninetndo still releasing updates for 3ds I thought It is a dying/old console
As per the previous posts, it looks like the problem fixed in 11.12 was so terrible that a Bad Person could potentially start walking down the street and brick every 3DS in wireless range. We'll know more about it soon enough.

And the previous update for E-region units was to comply with new regulations. They clearly think there's still money to be made on eShop sales of existing software.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Alexander1970

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that you're trying to access the eShop of a region that does not correspond to your 3DS? Because that's never worked very well.

See for instance:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5iyrl7/solution_for_making_eshop_work_after_region/

Thank you for your helping. I tried that method too but it does not work.

I succeeded this method in 11.12.0 -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-err...gion-changing-eur-to-jpn.535653/#post-8742658 but not work in 11.13.0.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

HentaiHappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was unable to update.
i fixed it, i rebooted the router, couldnt update.
i updated my wifi on the 3ds, couldnt update.
i connected to my mobile phone, it finally updated.
my daughters N3DSXL updated fine 5 mins before so its not my wifi or router.

unsure what the problem is or was? the blue bar didnt show up, it failed before any blue started.

now im getting error 005-4270.
the router does have Googles DNS but as the other n3dsxl works fine i cant see why its only this n3dsxl with the problem.

atm im on the eshop using mobile data from my phone so its not a banned console.

Same issue, I updated using the tethered hot spot phone connection. Then when I reset the console, it wouldn't recognize that connection. It's too late today, I'll tinker with it tomorrow. lol I had the same problem when the 3DS og came out, so I used a dedicated nintendo dongle that ran via Windows XP only to connect to the net. Safe to say that the smartphone connection is faster.

TCV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I asked this on another update and I was as simple accepting the update, but I've being avoiding the update for a while now but to I just update and do nothing else?

Last edited by TCV,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think I asked this on another update and I was as simple accepting the update, but I've being avoiding the update for a while now but to I just update and do nothing else?
Just make sure you are on the latest version of Luma3DS and you are good to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu