Nintendo 3DS firmware update 11.13.0-45 released

The 3DS has received a new update and, shockingly enough, the changelog doesn't mention stability for once! Firmware 11.13.0-45 has been released in all regions for both New and Old consoles and it is aimed towards fixing a bug with the system's StreetPass functionality. Sure enough, initial reports show that the only updated sysmodules are StreetPass, friends and Web browser data, alongside your usual NVer/CVer changes. The official release notes can be read below:

Ver. 11.13.0-45U (December 2nd, 2019)
  • Resolved an issue where StreetPass would not work in some cases.

Not much else is known at the time and consoles that have already been hacked via boot9strap should be able to update just fine but, as usual, you may want to refrain from installing the new firmware version until someone else gives the all clear - especially if you own a stock console that you wish to mod. This post will be kept up-to-date with any other useful hacking & homebrew related info.

:arrow: Source (Console: New / Old)
:arrow: Official Nintendo release notes

Last edited by RattletraPM,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I asked this on another update and I was as simple accepting the update, but I've being avoiding the update for a while now but to I just update and do nothing else?

Well you really should make a NAND backup with gm9 and then backup your SD card (including the nand backup) to your computer/phone/whatever) before any update but it is not strictly necessary, just a good habit to get into.

KlaxMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, Following the 3ds hacks page..

I wanted to go ahead and do the hard mod (i'm skilled, and it seems easy) But ran into a conflict in the information supplied on the site.

The site -- 3ds.hacks.guide/get-started -- claims 'ALL VERSIONS' compatible with hardmod.

upon opening -- 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod) -- that page though, the last version on the chart is

'11.8.0 - 11.11.0 2.55-0 2.55-0_11.8_OLD.firm 2.55-0_11.8_NEW.firm'

I'm unclear if i am supposed to just use the version linked for 11.8-11.11 or if there is version for 11.13 i couldn't find using google, or if 11.13 isnt compatible, and the site is wrong to say 'ALL VERSIONS'

Hyperlinks removed, since i have not posted much, and dont have that ability. =P

LittlestCube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KlaxMaster I think the reason that isn't updated is because there really is no reason to use the hardmod when the softmod is so easy (not only that, but it seems to still work with the most recent update), so if you're still interested in hacking your 3DS, I would suggest just using Seedminer.

tobygg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I just always like to get a clean NAND backup before installing anything. I know I can do a NAND backup after modding, but that's not a clean backup. And since I was in there already doing a hardmod to get a NAND backup, I'd love to just do the b9s install using the hardmod method. But, like @KlaxMaster found, the website doesn't mention 11.13 at all for the hardmod section.
Do we know if the 2.55-0_11.8_NEW.firm will work on 11.13?
Is there a method to downgrade my firmware from 11.13 back to something like 11.11, which the 2.55-0_11.8_NEW.firm does say it will work with?
Oh and I just am somewhat against mods that can be shutdown any time. Things like the seedminer rely on the internet and I'd rather have a fully offline mod solution honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...