Firmware Nintendo 3DS firmware update 11.11.0-43E released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Aug 27, 2019.

1. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Finally, i'm happy, cause my EU Credit card is made so wanky that it always broke my 3DS stability when going into the e-shop, now that that is gone, i can use my 3DS again without any problems!!
    Stability is the keyword!!!

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  2. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Does NTRBoot work on 11.10? I haven't used it in ages, so I don't know. Every other Issue I see pop up about it on github, someone replies saying that it's not supported on 11.10. So why would it be supported on 11.11?

And with modern Luma, what is NTRBoot needed for?

3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You're thinking of BootNTR. ntrboot is the bootrom exploit that can't ever be patched.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    ahhh, ok. Well, that makes the question even more silly then, and it was asked more than once in this thread :unsure:

5. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    um, well I wonder why they did this for eu only?
    also does this affect only "3ds & WiiU eshop's"
    or also on switch?

cause here in the eu getting shop cards (prepaid like Sony's) is kinda next to impossible,
    also can you add money to your PayPal account and from there buy eshop cards to redeem on switch/3ds/wiiu?
    and does that work in all paypals even in the eu ones? (Greece, for example?).

I have stopped using credit card for Sony's PSN since the hack they had back in 2010? or whenever and have been using their prepaid cards
    (20e) etc.
    it works great, you buy the amount you want and just redeem it in the shop (ps4).

no hustle, no muscle. very smooth easy going process :)
    nintendo's way of adding credit to shop however is a shaky problem and rather annoying.

I hope this credit card new EU law doesn't apply for switch also, cause if it does, then we're kinda screwed :( .
    unless you can add money to PayPal and buy shop gift cards from there to add cash to switch shop?

6. Voyambar

Voyambar GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2019
    Antarctica
    My Basement
    Obviously its going to affect EVERYTHING. The Switch is also NOT fucked and that's a fact because:

• PayPal is supported on the Switch
    • You can and you always could buy balance directly from your system

Because obviously this only affects Europe so only European devices will get this update. No other region will. The EU only has jurisdiction in Europe...nowhere else.

One final thing...I request that you read the contents, think to yourself and do some research before asking these questions. Just a little tip for you...if I offended you I apologize.

2DSGamerdude likes this.
  7. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    np, it's cool dude, yeah thanx for the info :)
    im glad the switch is safe from this problem, I don't use credit card on the 3ds for some time now, so im good.

also, can you buy Nintendo shop cards from PayPal? im not sure if this is a thing? if it is so then, that's good to have instead of credit cards :)

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I know. You can chalk that up to people having the ineptitude of a rock.

Last edited by Joom, Aug 28, 2019
  9. riesyukira

riesyukira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Jokes aside.. can we safely update it?

hiimkir likes this.
  10. hiimkir

hiimkir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    This is so sad, can we hit 11.11 likes?
    Does someone know, why Steelminer method have been removed from 3dsguide? Were there any issues?
    Also, does 9.11 FW exist?

If someone's interested: Steelhax still works!

Last edited by hiimkir, Aug 29, 2019
  11. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Only use the creditcards for Team-Xecuter, Buddha wants to see full potentional in the TX-economy! New cryptocurrency wahooooo!

12. AiP24

AiP24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2019
    United States
    Not Aincrad
    The new exploit is probably easier or more efficient (or maybe the old one's broken) since you needed a lot of random files to do the frogtool injection (one was a torrent link and you had to find the file on someone's google drive, so yeah, pretty inefficient)

Edit - But what do I know?

Last edited by AiP24, Sep 1, 2019
    toxic9 likes this.
  13. John2g

John2g Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    Romania
    Lol, nice.

14. Devillain

Devillain Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    United States
    My N3DSXL is at 11.5. If I update it right now, will it update to 11.11 which the seedminer exploit not work? What can I do at this point?