Nintendo 3DS firmware update 11.10.0-43 released

Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png

Are you ready to give some extra unexpected stability to your console? That's right, Nintendo has just released a new system update for all 3DS models & regions! Firmware 11.10.0-43's changelog is exactly what you'd expect: "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience". This means that, once again, the update only contains "under the hood" changes and no new features have been added. When it comes to hacking and homebrew, no vulnerabilities or CFW-breaking changes seems to have been made: as such, updating should be considered safe, but it's still recommended to wait until further confirmation before doing so.

This news thread will be kept up to date with any further info that may be useful to the end user.

UPDATE: CFW users can update safely. *hax payloads for older firmware versions are reported to be working on 11.10.0 for all regions except EUR. While they haven't been officially updated yet, an unofficial payload for EUR N3DS consoles can be found here (made by deadphoenix).

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the deadphoenix payload but it's not working (at least for me, EUR N2DSXL 11.10)
Phrases like "It's not working" is rarely useful when looking for help.

There are a number of different things that can go wrong when running Steelhax; https://3ds.eiphax.tech/issues.html catalogs the various different error conditions you may encounter.

no_panic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Phrases like "It's not working" is rarely useful when looking for help.

There are a number of different things that can go wrong when running Steelhax;

Thanks for the link, my case is the first one ("the system will now restart") and one of the reasons could be a wrong payload.bin.
Not really looking for help (right now :D), just curious if someone can confirm the deadphoenix payload is working on 11.10.0-43E.

ACEofSomeplace

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the link, my case is the first one ("the system will now restart") and one of the reasons could be a wrong payload.bin.
Not really looking for help (right now :D), just curious if someone can confirm the deadphoenix payload is working on 11.10.0-43E.
See perhaps I'm an idiot and did it wrong(I deleted the old payload in steelhax and replaced it with the new payload) but it didn't work for me :( went to Steelminer and the screen just went black. Waited a bit and still black. Hm.

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a systematic problem related to the installation of this update, there would be a lot more people screaming about it by now.

aye, that comment wasn't there before :P

I'm still scared as shit to update, it seems every little thing i do phucs up my 3DS/corrupts my SD card/deletes all titles/corrupts my ticketdb/seeddb and to be quite honest, im sick of it.

seriously, all i have to do is fart in a different state, and my 3ds dies, my dog dies, i lose a limb, and i get cancer.

so i'll stick to 11.9 till i die.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still scared as shit to update, it seems every little thing i do phucs up my 3DS/corrupts my SD card/deletes all titles/corrupts my ticketdb/seeddb and to be quite honest, im sick of it.
I dodged that problem by not installing CFW in the first place. ;) (And I've resolved to never take my SD card out ever again.)

Reactions: AikoT_T

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did update and my 24+ GB of illegal games, homebrews, nds games still works.. You can just make a backup(of whatever will get corrupted) in 11.9 and restore it if anything goes wrong

I understand this. I've been through it all, i just don't have time,
I don't play online anyways, so, might as well not fix what isnt broken.

"muh stability"

I dodged that problem by not installing CFW in the first place. ;) (And I've resolved to never take my SD card out ever again.)

Well have fun buying your games is all i can say. (those who are without sin, through the first rock)
The latter is actually wise, it seems the PC and the 3DS SD card has a similar romantic life comparable to President Trump and Speaker Pelosi XD

Last edited by AikoT_T,

Quistis

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Heyo, quick question - if i never had any CFW on my 3DS (11.6.0-39E) would this be an opportunity to update to 11.10.0-43
and try out the Seedminer method or is it still uncertain if this would work with the latest update?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Heyo, quick question - if i never had any CFW on my 3DS (11.6.0-39E) would this be an opportunity to update to 11.10.0-43
and try out the Seedminer method or is it still uncertain if this would work with the latest update?
You would need to update to 11.10 to do seedminer methods. There's no disadvantage leaving 11.6 behind so you can go ahead and update.

btw - use this guide.
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/frogminer.html
the main 3ds.hacks guide everybody uses has outdated payloads for europe so that's why I'm recommending this alternate guide for you.

Last edited by zoogie,

Quistis

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You would need to update to 11.10 to do seedminer methods. There's no disadvantage leaving 11.6 behind so you can go ahead and update.

btw - use this guide.
lonk-edited-to-reply
the main 3ds.hacks guide everybody uses has outdated payloads for europe so that's why I'm recommending this alternate guide for you.

Zoogie, thank you for the detailed reply - much appreciated! :)

Reactions: zoogie

TCV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people have said it's safe to update but I just wan't to check sense it's been awhile sense the update I also want to ask if there is anything I need to to before hand other the backing up all my stuff?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people have said it's safe to update but I just wan't to check sense it's been awhile sense the update I also want to ask if there is anything I need to to before hand other the backing up all my stuff?
Luma3DS v9.1 has been required since 11.8. Other than that, there's nothing new about 11.9 and 11.10.

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
So, just to clarify:

If I have never modded / CFW my (old 1st Gen / ambassador) 3DS, is it okay to update to the latest EUR version and then proceed to hack it?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. you cant download ropbin
No, the otherapp.bin for o3DS 11.10E has been out for a while. I'm just not sure where it is, exactly. It's been suggested on Reddit that it's on the Discord somewhere.

ETA: Click on the "3ds-assistance-1" channel on the left side bar, then click the pushpin icon at the top of the page (next to the alarm bell). How intuitive. :-|

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1