It's all very simply

1. You want NTR, stay on Luma 9.1
    2. You don't need NTR, update tot Luma 10.x

Nothing really to discuss about, Plain simple

2. Adam Gaming

Adam Gaming Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    saddly im in luma 10 :( and if i downgrade ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

IM DOWNLOADING THA OLD BOOT.FIRM

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Use checkpoint

4. alivebacon

alivebacon GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Huh. On my O3DSXL in the UK the update's been out for ages.

5. Adam Gaming

Adam Gaming Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well thanks i have it ! ill try it :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

a save manager ?? im looking for an app like ntr sorry i have JKSV i dont need it :/

6. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My 3DS is on firmware 11.8.0-41u. Is it safe to download to this latest update or do I need to update some other software on my SD card first? Sorry, I haven't update since the end of November so I forgot how to do all this stuff.

7. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    First luma and then the Firmware.

8. rustyshakelford

United States
    I downloaded luma to v2.4 and 10.0.1-c913de1 just now. It says I have the latest stable version. I am ready to update through Nintendo no problem?

Last edited by rustyshakelford, Jul 16, 2019
  9. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Yes.

rustyshakelford likes this.
  10. rustyshakelford

United States
    Thank you. I'll do it now.

Edit, well, that was useless. I am giving this to my nephew as it's my old 3DS and so I put some games on there he would like and was going to redownload some other games from the eshop since I have to combat the double the SD card thing so I go to log onto the eshop and it tells me I can't use my NNID on this system because I moved it over to my other system by calling Nintendo. I thought I was told in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-bo...lder-triforce-edition-3ds-and-have-so.524611/
    that my nephew would be able to use the eshop and that if he puts his own NNID and deletes mine, all the games I installed with CFW won't work. Oh well. I wish I knew how to install that new firmware that allows for you to just install any game without having to have double the storage available.

11. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    When doing a System Transfer using the System Transfer app, games installed via CFW do not get automatically transferred and faketik must be used to make them available again. Otherwise games installed via CFW have nothing to do with NNID.

There is no such "new firmware". There are programs like Boop that will let you install CIAs via FBI over the network, but those are not "firmware".

12. alivebacon

alivebacon GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You need double the space to install the cia, but you can delete it afterwards. FBI lets you delete a cia after installation.

13. rustyshakelford

United States
    I never did a system transfer with the app. I did it all manually through SD cards. I called Nintendo up to transfer my NNID to my new 3DS XL. I was told my old 3DS would work exactly the same as before and my nephew would be able to access the eshop he just couldn't unlink the NNID and put his own on there or all the games I loaded would stop working. I can't access the eshop though. Oh well.
    My bad, I meant programs. Am I able to install boop easily or is it too late? I googled it but I am not sure if my current custom firmware or programs would interfere. I have bootstrap and Luma. What info do you need to know to see if I would be able to get boop on my system?

Yes I know that. It's frustrating having the space on my SD card but not being able to install the game since it needs double the space meaning I need to start deleting games on my 3DS or just not installing that game. SNES games are not working so I need to see if I can download the SNES player. I am not sure what the default programs are that I have. Game gear, game boy and GBA games and NES games are working fine.

14. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You were expecting to be able to access the eShop from a console with an unlinked NNID..? I do not understand.

I have no idea what you are reading. Boop is a PC program that communicates with FBI.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-boop.455219/

15. JordanJacob2019

Newcomer

Philippines
    I hope someone can help mo on this..I'm having a hard jailbreaking my OLD 3DS with 11.10 OFW using fredminer because the Nintendo DS Connectio settings when I go to it just shows black screen. I tried the NTRboot method but it doesnt read the R4 card.. Can someone tell me how to fix the black screen? I will really highly appreciate it. Thanks

16. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You might as well start a new thread, because this really doesn't have anything to do with 11.10 specifically.

As discussed in https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer , Fredminer will not be an option for you. (As for why that happens in the first place, I do not know. Were you trying to install CFW before?)

More details are necessary. If you are using an R4 that you've flashed with ntrboot, or an R4i 3DS Gold Plus with the switch in the appropriate position, then it is normal to not see anything on the 3DS Home screen when you insert the cart.

17. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    That is normal. You can't use the flashcard when the ntrboot exploit is installed on it. Put a magnet on your 3ds, insert the card put the safeb9sinstaller to the root of your sd card and rename it to boot.firm and hold X+START+SELECT and POWER. You should now boot into the installer...

18. rustyshakelford

United States
    I was told that because I did not do a system transfer and called Nintendo, I could still access the eshop. I was also told that I could not put a different Mii/NNID on there or the games would stop working.

I will check out BOOP. I am a newb when it comes to this so I don't want to ruin anything. I don't even know what binary or source means with BOOP. I still need to figure out how to put a SNES and DS and whatever else emulator on my 3DS XL so BOOP will be a good start.

Last edited by rustyshakelford, Jul 18, 2019
  19. JordanJacob2019

Newcomer

Philippines
    The r4 that I have is only a SDHC 2017 could I still use this to do the ntrboot?

20. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The list of compatible flashcarts is at https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot .

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, firmware, released