Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.15.0-47 released

2306021_sd.jpg

No, you didn't misread that title--after nearly a year since the last one, Nintendo has put out a system software update for the Nintendo 3DS line of handhelds. Currently, neither Nintendo's European or North American websites are acknowledging the update, but Nintendo of Japan has, and while it isn't exactly the classic message we're used to, the main focus of the update is "improved system stability and convenience". As for custom firmware, it appears that the latest version of Luma3DS is still working on the newly released 11.15.0-47, with users reporting that the firmware release merely exists to update the 3DS browser's SSL security certs.

Major changes due to the update to 11.15.0-47J
[New Nintendo 3DS / New 3DS LL / New 2DS LL / 3DS / 3DS LL / 2DS]
Improved system stability and convenience
Some functions are added / corrected only by updating by network download.
The game card update does not include some changes.

For updates of main unit functions before this,Nintendo 3DS system version change historyplease look at.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion the N64 controller was already complete garbage... and the Game Cube controller sucked too... and the WII one... good for everything except playing the games I was interested in! And the C-Stick thing on the New 3DS? Don't even get me started... a cheap pathetic afterthought like that would not have been tolerated if it were any other company (the original 3DS came out at a time were a 2nd stick for camera control had been the standard for over a decade)... not to mention selling the New 3Ds with two different screen technologies for the same price (one vastly superior to the other)! If we are hones, the hardware Nintendo has been putting out the past 20 something years has been sub par to put it mildly, serviceable at best... and utter bullshit at worst! The only thing keeping this company afloat are the IPs and the awesome games attached to them.

back then buying a cheap 3rd party controller was still a thing

my n3dsxl is a dual IPS btw ^_^, great picture

with most wii games i just used a classic controller pro, which is just a cut down xbox style controller

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Then you did NOT buy from Nintendo XD

yeah it was preowned from gamestop $175 used like new, or $240 for a new one in box when they were still being sold, they only had the purple galaxy n3dsxl iirc, so i got the used black one, why pay more?

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind worried about this:

Haven't used 3DS for a while (I gave it as a gift to my younger sister) but I was planning to buy another one to play with some friends online... Now I'm unsure about how long it will last.
It'll probably last up until around 2024. The only reason why the Wii/DS servers went out so early was because it was ran by a third party.

Reactions: Kwyjor

digiAlchem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do we know if the master key algorithm changed in 11.15? Trying to use mkey to reset the Parental Controls on a second-hand unit that's been updated and having no joy so far :(

The site gives me the following:
Your master key could not be calculated.
If your inquiry number is correct, this server is missing the required data to process it.

My inqury code is 10 digits long, from a JP system.

Last edited by digiAlchem,

abruzzimarco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do we know if the master key algorithm changed in 11.15? Trying to use mkey to reset the Parental Controls on a second-hand unit that's been updated and having no joy so far :(

If your inquiry number is correct, this server is missing the required data to process it.

Maybe not. Unless the updated ssl system module has to do something with it. It might be far from the heart.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Strange. I've no real experience with parental controls. Sadly getting a used device with those "features" enabled and no PIN is more or less common. But I never had any trouble with the key generator.

Can confirm the problem:
  • Inquiry code with 11.14 is accepted and the master key works
  • Inquiry code changed with update to 11.15, key generator fails and previous master key is invalid
Maybe somebody who read the source code knows if the firmware version number is needed within calculation of the master key. It would be really stupid if the algorithm changed after the 3DS reached it's end of life. Maybe the generator gets updated.

==============================================
It is possible to read out the current PIN with 3DSident-GUI.
==============================================

Good luck and have fun!

==========
Geez. I wish this kind of threads connected to new firmware versions would keep clean -- in the sense that the useless stability jokes didn't appear. Seriously, they help nobody and make discussion about possible changes and problems in new firmware versions harder and they aren't remotely funny or creative.

digiAlchem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be really stupid if the algorithm changed after the 3DS reached it's end of life. Maybe the generator gets updated.

Stupid, yes, but also par for the course with this company. I'm hoping there'll be an update if the cause of the issue is found, yeah!

It is possible to read out the current PIN with 3DSident-GUI.

Oh that tool looks brilliant, but sadly the device still on stock OS - I can't use Seedminer because you have to add the bot 3DS as a friend, which... is blocked by parental controls lmao

Ankris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
but they have updated their convenience, true? Mine is equal as previous. Stability? I have a network problem with mine after update. I think their updates are only jokes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how Amazon just has one long Add to cart button now just in case I forget where it is