Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Nintendo does a nice little Direct episode for us European countries, they've decided to just dump most of that information for their North American people.

All of the eShop games with exception to demos, VC (to be confirmed for some) and Nightsky will also hit Europe at around the same time. Crashmo is called Fallblox and Fluidity: Spin Cycle is Hydroventure: Spin Cycle in Europe. Liberation Maiden is actually out right now in Europe and all of those retail releases are as well. See this link for dates and other details.

Here is the full press release:

ORIGINAL GAMES

NightSky launches Oct. 25. NightSky is an action-puzzle game that offers an ambient game-play experience with cerebral challenges that fill uniquely designed, picturesque worlds. Each of these worlds is broken into different areas in which the player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance.

Crashmo launches Nov. 22. Players can embrace the laws of gravity and challenge themselves with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo. New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await, testing players' skills as they push, pull and slide each puzzle's colorful blocks in order to climb to the top. Just be careful where those blocks are moved-unsupported blocks will come crashing down. Crashmo contains lots of puzzles to test your brains, and enhanced puzzle-creation and -sharing features mean that even when all the puzzles are cleared, the fun never has to stop.

Fluidity: Spin Cycle arrives on Dec. 27, letting players tilt, turn and even rotate their Nintendo 3DS system 360 degrees to maneuver a puddle of water named Eddy through a maze-like, magical world. Change from liquid to a block of ice or a steam cloud to solve fun, gravity-defying puzzles and defeat Goop monsters. Fluidity: Spin Cycle features a new storybook setting to explore that spans the ages, from a lost world full of dinosaurs to the modern world and beyond.

Three original games from LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators will launch in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS before this holiday season. The first of these games, SUDA 51's LIBERATION MAIDEN, is set 100 years in the future, when the president of Japan boards her Liberator, Kamui, and fights to free her country one region at a time. AERO PORTER by Yoot Saito and Yasumi Matsuno's CRIMSON SHROUD are also slated for release by the end of the year.

Get ready to unleash pedestrian-tossing pandemonium with Grace and Savannah in Tokyo Crash Mobs, a fast-paced action-puzzle game coming to the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS in early 2013. Players will need lightning-fast reflexes and an eye for strategy to survive the three chaotic weeks that lie ahead for our heroines, as they take on anyone and anything that gets in their way.

RECENT NINTENDO 3DS HITS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 will become available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 18 at a price of $39.99 each. Additional Nintendo 3DS software currently only available at retail stores will become available in the Nintendo eShop in the future.

VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. 8)
Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)

GAME DEMOS

Two demo versions of Style Savvy: Trendsetters will be available for download from the Nintendo eShop. The first demo is available today and lets players participate in a fashion contest, create an outfit based on the contest theme, style their model's hair and makeup and send her down the runway. The second demo will be available on Nov. 1, and lets players style their clothes and makeup, and then connect to the Internet via Nintendo Network to visit the online Fashion Plaza where they can check out ensembles that actual Style Savvy: Trendsetters players have created. Any items purchased using in-game currency in this demo version can be transferred to the full game. Style Savvy: Trendsetters will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 22.

Additional game demos coming soon include:
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!! from D3Publisher
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive
LEGO The Lord of the Rings from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park from Activision
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from SEGA

So yeah Nintendo are really getting into the full swing of digital content, what they have on offer is pretty damn great although it's a shame that they can't make their retail titles cheaper online but they can't really seeing that it'll piss the retailers off.

Sourcey

EDIT:
Also there are trailers of these titles from the Europe Nintendo Direct here:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=187100

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has a 3DS/Wii and hasn't already should get Fluidity/HydroAdventure and Pushmo/Pullblox. Both are brilliant games and Pullblox is now on sale right now on the Euro eShop, really pleased Nintendo are continuing those two and have actually made them legitimate sequels rather than just adding new levels.

mrnintendo15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. 8)
Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)
Why not wario land ll DX? :nayps3:

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"So yeah Nintendo are really getting into the full swing of digital content, what they have on offer is pretty damn great although it's a shame that they can't make their retail titles cheaper online but they can't really seeing that it'll piss the retailers off."
I see Nintendo pricing the digital games the same value as the retail version more for profit than due to fear of pissing off retailers. Iwata himself claimed that there is value in digital releases such as convenience of it. PS vita sells games cheaper digitally and I don't see any major retailers treating it differently.

anways, can't wait for suda51's game and crimson shroud.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that really interests me on that list is Wario Land II. Holy shit, I can't tell you how many hours I wasted on that game as a kid. I'm not sure I ever played the color version, though. Unfair that basically everywhere but North America already has a VC version of it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is most likely, the GBC version of mario golf
The better version.

Because it doesn't exist? As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong) there was only one version released in the West in 1998 and there wasn't a DX version seeing DX versions where past NES/GB titles enhanced for GBC and well WL2 is natively a GBC game (that also runs on GB).

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Golf & Wario Land 2 for me please

PS vita sells games cheaper digitally and I don't see any major retailers treating it differently.

not to get into a shitty console fight but I believe what gave Sony a reason to sell their digital games cheaper is due to the expensive memory cards whereas with the 3ds you were given a sd card and can upgrade at a cheap price

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see Nintendo pricing the digital games the same value as the retail version more for profit than due to fear of pissing off retailers. Iwata himself claimed that there is value in digital releases such as convenience of it. PS vita sells games cheaper digitally and I don't see any major retailers treating it differently.
I'll just quote this as I can't be bothered to fully explain:

NINTENDO WILL NEVER UNDERCUT RETAILERS. That's business suicide. You never really buy anything from Nintendo directly (except from Nintendo retail and online stores). You buy from the retailers, and the retailers buy from Nintendo. If Nintendo undercuts retailers and prices stuff cheaper than them, then there's no business in it for the retailers. If I was a merchant selling Nintendo products, and Nintendo matches every price move I make, then that leaves me very little profit margin. I'd rather sell stuff I can actually earn money from. I'd stop selling Nintendo stuff, so I stop buying from Nintendo. Business suicide.

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT FATHOM WHY PEOPLE DO NOT SEE THIS. Go buy from retailers.

mrnintendo15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The better version.

Because it doesn't exist? As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong) there was only one version released in the West in 1998 and there wasn't a DX version seeing DX versions where past NES/GB titles enhanced for GBC and well WL2 is natively a GBC game (that also runs on GB).
Wario land 2 was originally for the gameboy, not the gbc. It was later re-released for the gbc. (I don't think they were calling it wario land 2 dx though) http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario_Land_II

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll just quote this as I can't be bothered to fully explain:

NINTENDO WILL NEVER UNDERCUT RETAILERS. That's business suicide. You never really buy anything from Nintendo directly (except from Nintendo retail and online stores). You buy from the retailers, and the retailers buy from Nintendo. If Nintendo undercuts retailers and prices stuff cheaper than them, then there's no business in it for the retailers. If I was a merchant selling Nintendo products, and Nintendo matches every price move I make, then that leaves me very little profit margin. I'd rather sell stuff I can actually earn money from. I'd stop selling Nintendo stuff, so I stop buying from Nintendo. Business suicide.

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT FATHOM WHY PEOPLE DO NOT SEE THIS. Go buy from retailers.

I still don't agree. The majority of sales will come from retailers anyways even if the digital versions are cheaper. Retailers may get mad but they won't just stop selling games since they will lose profit. Again, the PS Vita sells games cheaper digitally. Let's use what you quoted and look at Sony's situation. Retailers didn't stop purchasing from Sony did they? I can still find ps vita games in all major retailers or I can buy them cheaper digitally. A win win for us consumers.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUDA 51's LIBERATION MAIDEN, is set 100 years in the future, when the president of Japan boards her Liberator, Kamui, and fights to free her country one region at a time.

This actually sounds fairly conventional for a game from Suda 51.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The better version.

Wario land 2 was originally for the gameboy, not the gbc. It was later re-released for the gbc. (I don't think they were calling it wario land 2 dx though) http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario_Land_II
I stand corrected.

Just read that Japan got the GB & GBC release on eShop at the same time and well the Europe version which was already out in July was the GBC version.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't agree. The majority of sales will come from retailers anyways even if the digital versions are cheaper. Retailers may get mad but they won't just stop selling games since they will lose profit. Again, the PS Vita sells games cheaper digitally. Let's use what you quoted and look at Sony's situation. Retailers didn't stop purchasing from Sony did they? I can still find ps vita games in all major retailers or I can buy them cheaper digitally. A win win for us consumers.
Nintendo and Sony are two different publishers with different points of views and ways and means to how the operate with retailers, one wouldn't necessarily do one thing that the other would. Also Sony are in a far more desperate position than Nintendo are and most of their titles aren't stocked as highly as Nintendo's 3DS titles.

Yeah it's annoying that they'll cost the same or more but that is what Nintendo themselves say and it's understandable, MS themselves apply this with their home console games and so do many 3rd party publishers. You can be as suspicious as you like and yeah at the back of my mind I think "Nintendo know for a fact impatient people will pay full price".

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo and Sony are two different publishers with different points of views and ways and means to how the operate with retailers, one wouldn't necessarily do one thing that the other would. Also Sony are in a far more desperate position than Nintendo are and most of their titles aren't stocked as highly as Nintendo's 3DS titles.

Yeah it's annoying that they'll cost the same or more but that is what Nintendo themselves say and it's understandable, MS themselves apply this with their home console games and so do many 3rd party publishers. You can be as suspicious as you like and yeah at the back of my mind I think "Nintendo know for a fact impatient people will pay full price".

You may be right but I let's just agree to disagree. There's no way to prove my reasoning or yours unless Nintendo comes out and say "digital games are full priced due to the demands of retailers." The only thing I'm aware of is that Iwata just stated the games are full prices due to digital games having value in itself such as the ability to carry it with you at all times. Also, your point of Sony games being less stocked than Nintendo 3ds games isn't really fair since it depends on a lot of things. The vita is struggling right now with no games that will sell big quantities so it will be foolish for retailers to overstock on games that won't sell. The 3ds on the other hand has mario kart, super mario 3d land, new super mario bros 2 and retailers KNOW these will sell like hotcakes. Of course these will be more in stock than the vita games out now.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
So hyped for fallblox/crashmo, loving the fact that it's a sequel based around a completely different puzzle mechanic than the original and not just a rehash.

I'm concerned about the new fluidity though, the original is awesome but just how controllable is it on a portable?
I really don't want to rotate my system, I'd say a combination between the buttons and the gyroscope would be optimal, for example tilting your system 45 degrees while holding the circle pad in that direction should "amplify" the motion, kind of like how aiming works in OoT 3DS or Uncharted Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr