Nintendo 3DS eShop Line-Up For North America

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Oct 4, 2012.

Oct 4, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    While Nintendo does a nice little Direct episode for us European countries, they've decided to just dump most of that information for their North American people.

All of the eShop games with exception to demos, VC (to be confirmed for some) and Nightsky will also hit Europe at around the same time. Crashmo is called Fallblox and Fluidity: Spin Cycle is Hydroventure: Spin Cycle in Europe. Liberation Maiden is actually out right now in Europe and all of those retail releases are as well. See this link for dates and other details.

Here is the full press release:

So yeah Nintendo are really getting into the full swing of digital content, what they have on offer is pretty damn great although it's a shame that they can't make their retail titles cheaper online but they can't really seeing that it'll piss the retailers off.

Sourcey

EDIT:
    Also there are trailers of these titles from the Europe Nintendo Direct here:
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=187100

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Adventure Time demo, hell yeah.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Anyone who has a 3DS/Wii and hasn't already should get Fluidity/HydroAdventure and Pushmo/Pullblox. Both are brilliant games and Pullblox is now on sale right now on the Euro eShop, really pleased Nintendo are continuing those two and have actually made them legitimate sequels rather than just adding new levels.

4. potato3334

Member potato3334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mario Golf! :O

and Guild 01 games?? :OOOOO

5. mrnintendo15

Newcomer mrnintendo15 Member

Canada
    Why not wario land ll DX? :nayps3:

6. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    it is most likely, the GBC version of mario golf

7. phantastic91

Member phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "So yeah Nintendo are really getting into the full swing of digital content, what they have on offer is pretty damn great although it's a shame that they can't make their retail titles cheaper online but they can't really seeing that it'll piss the retailers off."
    I see Nintendo pricing the digital games the same value as the retail version more for profit than due to fear of pissing off retailers. Iwata himself claimed that there is value in digital releases such as convenience of it. PS vita sells games cheaper digitally and I don't see any major retailers treating it differently.

anways, can't wait for suda51's game and crimson shroud.

8. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Only thing that really interests me on that list is Wario Land II. Holy shit, I can't tell you how many hours I wasted on that game as a kid. I'm not sure I ever played the color version, though. Unfair that basically everywhere but North America already has a VC version of it.

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    The better version.

Because it doesn't exist? As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong) there was only one version released in the West in 1998 and there wasn't a DX version seeing DX versions where past NES/GB titles enhanced for GBC and well WL2 is natively a GBC game (that also runs on GB).

10. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    Mario Golf & Wario Land 2 for me please

not to get into a shitty console fight but I believe what gave Sony a reason to sell their digital games cheaper is due to the expensive memory cards whereas with the 3ds you were given a sd card and can upgrade at a cheap price

11. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'll just quote this as I can't be bothered to fully explain:

12. mrnintendo15

Newcomer mrnintendo15 Member

Canada
    Wario land 2 was originally for the gameboy, not the gbc. It was later re-released for the gbc. (I don't think they were calling it wario land 2 dx though) http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario_Land_II

13. phantastic91

United States
    I still don't agree. The majority of sales will come from retailers anyways even if the digital versions are cheaper. Retailers may get mad but they won't just stop selling games since they will lose profit. Again, the PS Vita sells games cheaper digitally. Let's use what you quoted and look at Sony's situation. Retailers didn't stop purchasing from Sony did they? I can still find ps vita games in all major retailers or I can buy them cheaper digitally. A win win for us consumers.

14. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    This actually sounds fairly conventional for a game from Suda 51.

1 person likes this.
  15. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I stand corrected.

Just read that Japan got the GB & GBC release on eShop at the same time and well the Europe version which was already out in July was the GBC version.

16. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nintendo and Sony are two different publishers with different points of views and ways and means to how the operate with retailers, one wouldn't necessarily do one thing that the other would. Also Sony are in a far more desperate position than Nintendo are and most of their titles aren't stocked as highly as Nintendo's 3DS titles.

Yeah it's annoying that they'll cost the same or more but that is what Nintendo themselves say and it's understandable, MS themselves apply this with their home console games and so do many 3rd party publishers. You can be as suspicious as you like and yeah at the back of my mind I think "Nintendo know for a fact impatient people will pay full price".

17. raybattousai

Member raybattousai GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wonder if lost levels will be the original NES version or the updated All-Stars version

18. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    I will gamble my ringpiece it is the Famicom version

1 person likes this.
  19. phantastic91

United States
    You may be right but I let's just agree to disagree. There's no way to prove my reasoning or yours unless Nintendo comes out and say "digital games are full priced due to the demands of retailers." The only thing I'm aware of is that Iwata just stated the games are full prices due to digital games having value in itself such as the ability to carry it with you at all times. Also, your point of Sony games being less stocked than Nintendo 3ds games isn't really fair since it depends on a lot of things. The vita is struggling right now with no games that will sell big quantities so it will be foolish for retailers to overstock on games that won't sell. The 3ds on the other hand has mario kart, super mario 3d land, new super mario bros 2 and retailers KNOW these will sell like hotcakes. Of course these will be more in stock than the vita games out now.

20. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    So hyped for fallblox/crashmo, loving the fact that it's a sequel based around a completely different puzzle mechanic than the original and not just a rehash.

I'm concerned about the new fluidity though, the original is awesome but just how controllable is it on a portable?
    I really don't want to rotate my system, I'd say a combination between the buttons and the gyroscope would be optimal, for example tilting your system 45 degrees while holding the circle pad in that direction should "amplify" the motion, kind of like how aiming works in OoT 3DS or Uncharted Vita.