Nintendo 3DS Direct Coming on Thursday, Sept. 1

logo_ndirect.png

On Thursday, Sept. 1, at 7 a.m. PT / 10 a.m. ET for a Nintendo Direct focused on upcoming Nintendo 3DS games. NX will not be discussed or revealed in this broadcast.

:arrow:Nintendo 3DS Direct

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's about Pokemon, since there's nothing else that's noteworthy coming out.

Well considering when its just about Pokemon, they just have what are called Pokemon directs, I'm betting Pokemon will get a brief mention with a little bit of new info, but they'll probably show off some brand new yet to be announced 3DS games as well.

Last edited by duffmmann,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... according to google, the only first-party IPs Nintendo has upcoming for the near future are Pokémon Sun and Moon and the new Mario Party. Give Nintendo's infamy for not listening to fans, I'm gonna think they're going to talk about Mario Party.
No. Please no. I love mario party and all but I need my daily dose of Sun and Moon.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... according to google, the only first-party IPs Nintendo has upcoming for the near future are Pokémon Sun and Moon and the new Mario Party. Give Nintendo's infamy for not listening to fans, I'm gonna think they're going to talk about Mario Party.

Is it hard to believe that they'll announce some entirely new 3DS games? Not like there is some sort of precedence for that kind of thing with these directs...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it hard to believe that they'll announce some entirely new 3DS games? Not like there is some sort of precedence for that kind of thing with these directs...
Yes. The 3DS is on it's way out to make place for the NX. I don't think Nintendo will release any noteworthy new 3DS games aside from what is currently upcoming.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The 3DS is on it's way out to make place for the NX. I don't think Nintendo will release any noteworthy new 3DS games aside from what is currently upcoming.

Lets be real the 3DS still probably has a solid 2 years of life left in it. The NX is not guaranteed to replace the 3DS, I'm sure Nintendo is going to treat it the same way they treated the GBA when the DS was first released. Supporting it for another couple of years while watching to see if the DS took off or not, once it did, then they felt comfortable letting that hardware die. The NX is meant to combine both tiers of portable and console gaming, Nintendo hasn't been just a one tier company pretty much ever. That's a huge step to take, and they absolutely aren't going to just kill off both tiers at once instantly, they're going to make sure the new hardware does indeed catch on before pulling the plug on the 3DS. Of course there are still new yet to be revealed 3DS games in development.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a traditional Kid Icarus or a traditional Metroid (without map that says,"go here, exploration is boring"), then I don't think there is much that could possibly excite me at this point, except maybe another 3D Land.

Reactions: kehkou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE