Hardware Nintendo 3DS bottom screen scratches top (maybe this could be a fix)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,882
  • Replies 4

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm trying to figure how he manages to get the top screen off so easily.........

I don't actually have scratches, but I do have fingerprints oil that gets stuck to the top screen from the bottom screen. My problem is that there's some dust under the LCD lens and I've been trying to figure out how to remove the lens without scratching it or my 3DS. I don't want to send my 3DS to Nintendo to do it because it seems like a waste of time just to remove a few dusts.

Anyone know how to do this? I'm not taking apart my entire 3DS just to remove the top lens..

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the scratch marks aren't noticeable when playing I recommend simply living with them. Pulling the cover off the screen guarantees tiny pieces of dust and crap getting on the lcd which will be visible if you look for them. if you can see the marks when playing then go for it. a handful of visible specks is better than two big lines.

I don't think there's really a trick to it, but perhaps some heat from a hair dryer could help to melt the adhesive holding it on.

I've used a space heater to do weaken the glue with other projects. It makes removal a lot easier but You have to be careful your source is not too hot when doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)