Hardware Nintendo 3DS blown F Fußes?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't turn on anymore. When I press the power button the blue light comes on but the turns off with a pop sound coming from the speakers. The lower screens backlight flashes.
Is it possible to be one of the screen/speaker/backlight ribbon cables?
The F1/F2 fuses are fine.
Torn and damaged flex cables will do that. Due to stress from the hinge, popping followed by black screens shut off is usually caused by one of these three: speakers assembly, camera module, or top LCD screen. Check for split leads with a magnifying glasses.

Reactions: ds34

ds34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I broke the 3DS board by putting in the battery with the wrong polarity.
The middle battery pad won't connect to ground

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• 20200218_200050.jpg
    20200218_200050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke the 3DS board by putting in the battery with the wrong polarity.
The middle battery pad won't connect to ground
I don't believe you're going to salvage that motherboard at this point due to so many made mistakes.

Your reason for doing this in the first place is to recover your Animal Crossing save files. There's another way to decrypt and restore those depending if someone ever added your o3DS friend code to their Friend List. Do you know someone who has friended you before the o3DS bricked, and can you still contact that person?

Find that friend who still has your friend code added to their Friend List and have him/her dump your LFCS. See this thread for more details.

You will still need your backed up save file in order to mount and decrypt it.
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00086400/data/00000001.sav
    • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (EUR)
-or-
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00198F00/data/00000001.sav
    • Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo (EUR)

Reactions: ds34

ds34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have this one for soo long now so I don't think that I added any friends.
Is it still possible to fix this? I have another working board which has other faults.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this one for soo long now so I don't think that I added any friends.
Is it still possible to fix this? I have another working board which has other faults.
Did you ever friended yourself (the broken o3DS) to another 3DS system you own? If you did, that 2nd 3DS will have a record of the needed LFCS.

Reviving that motherboard in a usable state where you can access GodMode9? Probably not. The battery reverse polarity mistaken may have already fried the ARM SoC and/or NAND chip. If either of those are dead, there's no chance of dumping your SysNAND *.bin image, otp.bin, movable.sed, and/or essential.exefs. Without the dumped SysNAND *.bin image and possibly the otp.bin (since your o3DS exhibited signs of A9LH custom firmware), retrieving the movable.sed that's needed for Nintendo 3DS folder decryption will be impossible.

In case your SoC and NAND chips are still alive, your best bet is to find someone locally around Germany or nearby European countries who has previous experience with hardmod. You want someone who is competent in fine tip or micro-soldering. If you cannot find someone here on GBAtemp to do this, expand your search at other [ 3DS / Nintendo / video gaming ] communities such as the Nintendo Homebrew discord channel, reddit.com/r/3DS, and r/3dshacks.

Please do NOT attempt the hardmod yourself. Because your handy work has been abysmal up to this point at fixing your 3DS, this repair method is beyond your ability to carry out successfully. I'm sorry if this assessment comes across as hurtful or a call to challenge, but I want you to have the highest chance in getting this right (by having someone else do this) as this is perhaps the last window of opportunity recovering those Animal Crossing saves with the condition your motherboard is in.

Because of your demonstrated persistence, I see in you a competitive stubborn nature where being told this may be taken the wrong way. You have nothing to prove to anyone. As a matter of fact, you should be proud that you took the initiatives to try as not that many people could have done what you did in disassembling their own 3DS. There is no shame in outsourcing the repair to someone else.

:!: Last warning: messing up a hardmod will kill the NAND. A dead NAND is a 'Game Over', which means forever saying good-bye to those saves.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.