Nintendo 2DS how to play downloaded games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aliamba, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Aliamba
    OP

Aliamba Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Canada
    Hello guys, I have finally received my R4 Gold 3DS Plus and I have modded my system following this tutorial:
    And it worked! But now that it is done, i dont know how to play downloaded 3DS and NDS roms using my flashcard.

Do i need to install anything else in my 3DS SD card or my flashcard SD card?

Thank you.

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    this makes me nervous (video guide and all) i hope you opened the flashcard to flip the switch . . . because if you flashed ntrboot over the cards fw you may have ruined it . . . but you should be able to drag and drop onto the flashcards sd card

Last edited by wormdood, Feb 15, 2018
    E1ite007 likes this.
  3. Aliamba
    OP

Aliamba Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Canada
    Thank you wormdood, the FreeShop works fine. Do you know if there is a way to manually download roms from a computer and transfer it to the SD card? Because my computer could download games 30x faster than FreeShop.

Thanks

4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    yep just put the cia files on the sd card and install via fbi . . . fyi it does not matter where you put the cia files but creating a cia folder is recommended . . . note in order to install a cia you need as much free space as the cia takes so if you want to install a 1 gig cia you need 2 gig of space (1 for the cia file and 1 for the installed game . . . once installed you may delete the cia)

but just so you know it wont really be faster as there will still be install time (no matter your pc speeds your 3ds is limited by the speed of its sd slot) and now copying/extracting time

5. Papyrusssbm

Papyrusssbm Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    Argentina
    EDIT: I just solved this, using my acekard 2i for the ntrboot exploit, so no need to answer any of my questions. Sorry for the inconvenience
    ------------

Hi there! I was looking at this thread because I have my 2DS running the latest firmware software (Ver. 11.6.0-39U), similar to what the OP has. I want to do the ntrboot exploit with a flashcart to play downloaded games, and Im following 3ds. hacks.guide Now I want to ask two questions:

1: Reading the guide (3ds. hacks. guide/ntrboot sorry for posting the link like this, but I can't post normal URL links because I'm new), I don't understand what this column "3DS versions?" means...Does it mean that if I have an Acekard 2i I can't do the exploit because my 2DS is running a newer firmware version? I thought this exploit was for every firmware version, but I suppose that that mean different flashcarts for each version. (Also, when it says "<= 11.6.0", does that include the "-39U" that my 2DS version is running?)

2: I have this 2ds and these 2 flashcarts (R4i RTS 3DS and acekard 2i) (and my DS lite).. I suppose I can't use the acekard 2i, but is that R4 i 3DS compatible to do the exploit, or do I need the R4 Gold 3DS Plus?

Thanks for any help! And sorry for using this thread, I thought making a new one was not neccesary. (and sorry for my ignorance, I'm quite new to this).

------------
    EDIT: I just solved this, using my acekard 2i for the ntrboot exploit, so no need to answer any of my questions. Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited by Papyrusssbm, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:05 AM