Hacking Nintendo 2DS Error; I Can't Turn My 2ds Without Getting 'No CTRNAND' PLEASE HELP

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah title is pretty straightforward, I have been stuck in this stage of doom for the whole day, i have tried to fix it myself by formating my micro sd, doesn't work still get it when i turn my 2ds on :(, and when i take my micro sd out it still gives me this dang error...i don't know what to do, i have tried following a tutorial on youtube but that didn't help me out at all...i was trying to get to godmod9 to follow the rest of the video but i can't even do that. i can only get so far as the option selection black screen page to check if i want to allow the sysnand, etc on - that's about it, and when i do click the normal option that everyone does, it still gives me this message :/ "unable to mount ctrnand or load the ctrnand firm. please use an external one. press any button" - i have no idea what to do...also i just found out that my micro sd is a fake not real..haaaaa...q-q...sigh. this error started when i was trying to change the language from japanese to english on my 2ds system just to let you all know; it was going through smoothly until bam...​

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh my... let me try to unpack this:
  • Your SD has a fake memory capacity
  • You tried region change with said fake SD... but it failed
    • I assume the CTRTransfer image used for the region change was corrupted due to the fake SD
    • CTRTransfer with a bad image will corrupt the firmware
  • After the firmware on NAND had been trashed, you thought it was a good idea to sacrifice your data on the SD because of ??? (which might not be a big loss since we can also assume that parts of it already had been corrupted).
Following YouTube tutorials is almost never a good idea, but for the sake of completeness it would be helpful if you link the video so we can see what it is about.
==============

The following questions come to my mind:
  • Did I understand correctly that you still have access to latest GodMode9 and can bring up Luma3DS settings stating "Booted from SD via B9S" by holding (Select) on power on?
  • Do you have NAND backup(s)? (Attempting a region change without prior backup is careless i my opinion)
    • If so, are they known to be good? Creating a backup on a fake SD isn't trustworthy -- it might still be worth a try to do a safe(!) NAND restore using a good, tested SD. Don't do full/forced restore with a questionable image.

================
Please don't use the fake SD for anything. Before attempting firmware repair:
  • Get a new SD and use it only if it passes h2testw / F3 test
  • Backup the currently bricked state. Console-unique data might be lost if more goes wrong
Then try Safe NAND restore, CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer Type D9 if the standard method doesn't work.

Good luck!

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh my... let me try to unpack this:
  • Your SD has a fake memory capacity
  • You tried region change with said fake SD... but it failed
    • I assume the CTRTransfer image used for the region change was corrupted due to the fake SD
    • CTRTransfer with a bad image will corrupt the firmware
  • After the firmware on NAND had been trashed, you thought it was a good idea to sacrifice your data on the SD because of ??? (which might not be a big loss since we can also assume that parts of it already had been corrupted).
Following YouTube tutorials is almost never a good idea, but for the sake of completeness it would be helpful if you link the video so we can see what it is about.
==============

The following questions come to my mind:
  • Did I understand correctly that you still have access to latest GodMode9 and can bring up Luma3DS settings stating "Booted from SD via B9S" by holding (Select) on power on?
  • Do you have NAND backup(s)? (Attempting a region change without prior backup is careless i my opinion)
    • If so, are they known to be good? Creating a backup on a fake SD isn't trustworthy -- it might still be worth a try to do a safe(!) NAND restore using a good, tested SD. Don't do full/forced restore with a questionable image.

================
Please don't use the fake SD for anything. Before attempting firmware repair:
  • Get a new SD and use it only if it passes h2testw / F3 test
  • Backup the currently bricked state. Console-unique data might be lost if more goes wrong
Then try Safe NAND restore, CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer Type D9 if the standard method doesn't work.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying back but my friend helped me out :'3! And I got everything running well, again thanks.
I found out that the error obviously came from the fake micro SD. I had to use an old 16gb micro SD I have to get it fixed up...just waiting to actually get a bigger micro SD for I can install stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s