ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Giga_Gaia said:
Both the DS and PS3 version are confirmed for a localization stateside, so anyone saying there is no hope for a localization just wasted their time writting those postsé. They said we shouldn't expect it soon. Just because something isn't announced at E3 doesn't mean it's not coming. There are 365 or 366 days in a year and they can announce it on any of them.

Patience, Level 5 are known to be as slow as hell. Even White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles 2 have taken a long time to come out. Hell, WKC2 is still not out in North America.

They confirmed the PS3 version at TGS, but nothing of the DS version =P

What now .-.?

gonzab

Trophies
XP
Country
It was either really low or didn't even appear at their poll about which games they should localize so I'm sticking with my guess. Thank god the PS3 version is coming out though.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
On the usa website of level 5 there is no confirmation of any of this games on the usa.

EDIT:
It seems that the PS3 version is confirmed to be released on the USA but still no word about the NDS version.

Jefelin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good'm tired of waiting, like everyone, and I know the DS version will not come out for reasons of corporate policy and so on, so I want to start the translation of this work of art. Some will say this guy is crazy or that's a great job, I know, but I think with a little support and help we can do.
I have Japanese and unpack the rom I used several programs to find the text, I saw that you have multiple files with any characters NFTR image, also using the wonderful program Tinke I managed to find the subtitles to the videos, at first I modified some compile the rom but the changes have no effect.
Anun not know where the text of the dialogue, which is my main goal along with the videos, so if someone with more experience in this field I would like to help me and give me some inications appreciate a lot. Do not ask anyone to join in this project or that do not translate, just ask a little help, that I provide a script in English from the main story or just tells me how to find other texts to translate.

PD: In addition to having little experience with roms, philologist am also so the translation would be of great quality, I just need a little Auda nothing more.
PDD:The idea would be to do a double translation in English and Spanish.

Greetings to all
happy.gif

Reactions: Anjiera

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This translation completed would be a wet dream come true for me.
biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to this game since it was first announced.

I know this is a hard undertaking and I don't know if I can help, but I will be dropping by to support you, and maybe there's something I can do.

Good luck to you
smile.gif

Jefelin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A great help to me is that someone would locate texts me, I mean what files are, thus could be translated easily.
@cosmiccow: Thanks for the support, I know that not only you but thousands and thousands of people expected something like this, starting with me.

ACT:
Oh yeah, the first video translated into Spanish, I have a slight problem as there are accents in Spanish and have an extra letter in English no problem, in a few days finding all the videos will be translated, if someone would kindly tell me where I'd appreciate the dialogue, this game deserves a translation.
Bye
happy.gif

Here is a sample:

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Seems that only the PS3 version will be released in english, which is a shame really...the DS version is a beautiful game too.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ni no Kuni comes with a book. You have to look there often for some spells or something. At least that's what I've heard.
Even if someone will translate this book you will have to sit on PC while playing and read it.

That's not very comfortable.

Our only hope is official release in English. With translated book.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in before millions of "i wanna be a betatester"!!

smile.gif

props to you for tackling such a project.
if you have any jobs other than translating (my japanese is not good enough for that) or betatesting (everyone wants to do that)
maybe proof reading of translated text (englisch, no spanish) or something like that

but i guess i'm gonna have to buy the jap version anyway as i WANNA have that magic book

qweasd123 said:
Ni no Kuni comes with a book. You have to look there often for some spells or something. At least that's what I've heard.
Even if someone will translate this book you will have to sit on PC while playing and read it.

That's not very comfortable.

Our only hope is official release in English. With translated book.

get the real book and annotate it yourself
smile.gif

/edit
i just went to amazon.co.jp, it costs there ~20-25 € without shipping
on ebay i would pay ~ 60+ €
amazon does not want to ship this game to europe
i tried some amazon marketplace sellers on that page, they do not want to send to europe either
maybe there is a oversees version coming
at least this cools me down to wait for further announcements till christmas

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The book is the smallest problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFdsr6efIE
only 46 is to be found but i don't know how (played the game for 30-60min only).

Anyway this game look huge and I don't know if a guy alone can do it especially because of the amount of text x 2 languages.
Even if somebody help you find the text, it will not be so easy to put it back on the game so before you start your work, i would check this little but most important fact.

What about the graphical changes/translation?? Who will do them??

Anyway good luck

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you are having a problem with the non spanish characters add them in the nftr so you can enable them in the game through the nftr. Is the text for the videos in a file in the game or are you editing the video?
If editing the video what tyoe of video is it (file type) and how are you editing it (the process)?

Are you trying to say you need help finding the text? or translating the text?

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm looking forward to your translation project.
But you plan to translate the game and the book?

It represents a significant part of the experience.

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi,

First of all, I have to say that I support your project, it's a very good game and it will be better if we have it in both language
smile.gif

I'm doing a plugin for this game for Tinke. By the moment, without the plugin, you can edit text files, listen to some audio files and edit the font files NFTR. But I will improved Tinke in order to be able to add characters to the font files, edit texture files (BTX) and edit the sound files SAD. The plugin will unpack and pack all the files in the specific format of this game and add support for new formats.

To conclude: I will help you with the rom hacking
smile.gif

Good luck!

Jefelin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mrgone: Thanks for your help, I think I will be good for the English version, could spend the script in English and you correct the style, and also a lack of beta testing for possible typos, not yet anyway, this will begin once the videos are translated (hopefully in about 2 days or so), so I count on you friend.

@rastsan: I know, I think I will use NFTRedit for it, the problem is that you must also change some values ??exadecimales, I have yet to find a way, for now I will focus on videos.
As for the video game brings the independent subtitles to the video so it is easy to modify
wink.gif

@pleonex:Huge thanks for your support and hope that together we can help translate this wonderful work of art, and why not one of the mjor games that have been done on the DS, if not the best.

@justin05: thanks, hope it helps somehow
smile.gif

@all doubtful: As Auryn says the book or it is needed is not a big problem, there are guides and videos nuemerosas internet which detail how and when to use spells, my main goal is to make the story understandable to enjoy this game as it deserves, the book obviously I can not translate, at least for now, so we have to make do with what is or wait for Level-5 brings us the English version at least the PS3 version.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
By the way..i forgot...hopefully you will not have the same end as this or this.
Anyway 12620 files in 889 folders are many to be managed by one person alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: