Hacking Ninjhax:Can I use animal crossing new leaf instead of cubic ninja?

Lunastras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm asking because on the site it says that you need cubic ninja for some QR code, can't I use animal crossing new leaf for that or any other software that allows for QR scanning? And if not, why?

Reactions: marc00077

Megaman511again

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking because on the site it says that you need cubic ninja for some QR code, can't I use animal crossing new leaf for that or any other software that allows for QR scanning? And if not, why?

As far as I can tell, Cubic Ninja has a specific code that allowed smea to allow the code to install Homebrew work when it came to the QR Code feature.

Honestly I hope there will be more games supported in the future because we all know Cubic Ninja is out of print and it's either hard to find, or expensive. But who knows honestly.

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That QR code most likely exploits code only found in Cubic Ninja that isn't necessarily in other games like Animal Crossing or Tomodachi Life or any other game that uses QR scanning.

Lunastras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As far as I can tell, Cubic Ninja has a specific code that allowed smea to allow the code to install Homebrew work when it came to the QR Code feature.

Honestly I hope there will be more games supported in the future because we all know Cubic Ninja is out of print and it's either hard to find, or expensive. But who knows honestly.

TY for the fast reply, so I just have to buy cubic ninja, oh well, I guess it is worth it, considering more and more apps are coming to the homebrew channel.

Reactions: Margen67

Megaman511again

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY for the fast reply, so I just have to buy cubic ninja, oh well, I guess it is worth it, considering more and more apps are coming to the homebrew channel.

Yeah, but just be aware that like I said before, it's kind of hard to find now a days since EVERYONE wants to get it now for the purpose of getting Homebrew, so.. good luck!

Lunastras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, but just be aware that like I said before, it's kind of hard to find now a days since EVERYONE wants to get it now for the purpose of getting Homebrew, so.. good luck!
It is OK, I found the game for 25 dollars on a "eBay" for my country, and it looks like no body really cares about it , other than me of course.

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Yea I guess it depends were you are. I thought I would never find a copy in stores let alone a few days after smea announced the game (all my online orders were rejected because they couldn't get any more copies). Gave the closest Ebgames to me a call yesterday they had a brand new copy for 8$ which they held for me then walked across the road to JB-HIFI had a second hand copy for 14$.

Megaman511again

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I guess it depends were you are. I thought I would never find a copy in stores let alone a few days after smea announced the game (all my online orders were rejected because they couldn't get any more copies). Gave the closest Ebgames to me a call yesterday they had a brand new copy for 8$ which they held for me then walked across the road to JB-HIFI had a second hand copy for 14$.

Interesting, maybe my local GameStop has a copy there too for a cheap price.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it's really more just that Cubic's programmers didn't do as good of a job closing such vulnerabilities. Can't really say Nintendo is sure to be smarter since the first Wii exploit was Twilight Princess. Even the big guys make major mistakes. I bet Nintendo wishes they had someone to be furious at now (since the company that made Cubic was bought out a long time ago)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is OK, I found the game for 25 dollars on a "eBay" for my country, and it looks like no body really cares about it , other than me of course.

That's the way to go indeed. Stay away from the well known international sites such as Ebay for stuff like this. Instead, go local.
I found my copy of the game that way too, using a price comparing search-engine that only searches in my own country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head