Ninjhax 2.0/Ironhax Source Code is on the way!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bubsy Bobcat, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Margen67 and SuperScore29 like this.
  2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I suspect he was talking about the source code for the loader. I doubt he would release the source code for NH2.0 and IH, as this would just make it easier for Nintendo to patch the entrypoints in the next FW update. Better to wait until Nintendo have worked it out for themselves before releasing the whole source :)

SLiV3R likes this.
  3. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Not seeing how this in any way leads to downgrading or CFW. The current limitations of Ninjhax 2.0, Ironhax and the rest of the stuff working on 9.3+ is that it cannot access the functions of the firmware needed to run things like rom loaders or cia installation. Without full access to the system like what is achieved by the exploit(s) used by Ninjhax 1.1, we won't be doing anything more than basic homebrew for things like region changing and maybe fw spoofing to avoid future updates.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Or Smea knows something we don't and Update FW10.x.x is around the corner ;)

Margen67, TR_mahmutpek and Snintendog like this.
  5. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Very unlikely. Plus I don't see why that would make a difference to his decision about whether or not to release the full source code, unless he knew not only that a FW update was about to be released but also what changes have been made within it.

DjoeN and Margen67 like this.