Ninjahax works on Gateway with no emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ronhero, May 1, 2015.

1. Ronhero
    OP

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Now that gateway has finally given us the ability to boot gateway mode with no emunand I revisited the cubic ninja exploit in the quest for a dual boot.

Much to my surprise on my old 3ds on system nand version 4.5/7.1/9.2 I was able to boot into the GW menu, hold B before hitting gateway mode then boot into system nand. From there I was able to boot a .3ds of cubic ninja and run ninjhax homebrew loader.

My n3ds is out of commission so if anyone wants to see if this works I would love to know. I am especially hoping it works with NTR and it would be perfect. All you need to do is edit the icons and banners to know what boots what.

On a side note I was also able to SDF in the exploit saves so I don't have to scan every time

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    We've always been able to do that though..? Unless you mean boot into gateway mode in sysnand while having emunand?

3. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Can confirm, ninjhax boots. Not able to run any arm11 kernel things from it though.

NTR shows 'unknown fw version' then freezes at freeing memory.

This does seem like good news though.

Ronhero likes this.
  4. Ronhero
    OP

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    After version 2.7 even with emuNAND between 4.x-9.2 Ninjhax fails to launch. My alternate has always been a dual boot with a cfw

samiam144 likes this.
  5. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    The failure to launch comes from Gateway internally upgrading their FIRM beyond 9.2, and thus patching the current ARM11 kernel exploit. You'll still be able to run typical ninjhax homebrew, even on emunand, so long as you don't update beyond 9.2.
    On 9.2+, you can even still run ninjhax if you downgrade a few system modules. I think it's like: browser and RO? Remember to restart after reinstalling system modules, too. I have more modules than that in my ninjhax downgrade test folder, but I believe that's just from me forgetting to reboot honestly.