Homebrew Ninjahax CIA Installer POSSIBILITY?

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just been wondering: Alot of people that want to install cia files on there 3DS dont have enough for a Gateway. Even though Smea said that Ninjhax was only a usermode exploit, MrCheeze has managed to create a Play Coin Editor, a extData editing program, and a custom theme guide,so couldn't we just have a program that runs via Ninjhax as a .3dsx files that can install CIA files?

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just been wondering: Alot of people that want to install cia files on there 3DS dont have enough for a Gateway. Even though Smea said that Ninjhax was only a usermode exploit, MrCheeze has managed to create a Play Coin Editor, a extData editing program, and a custom theme guide,so couldn't we just have a program that runs via Ninjhax as a .3dsx files that can install CIA files?

Because it requires kernel access which Ninjhax doesn't provide.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Because they deal with extdata, which ninjhax DOES have access to. You can't install titles without bypassing the security checks, you can't bypass the checks without a process9 exploit.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they said. Extdata is accessible, most other stuff is not.

Although since Ninjhax runs in the web browser, it is possible to dump the browser's RomFS if anyone wants to do that for some reason.

1. So what other useful things can we edit with extData? 2. Is it possible that when we use the Gateway Ultra 3.0.1 we could trick the DS into thinking the red card is inserted when it really isn't for people without Gateway to use emuNAND?

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
1. So what other useful things can we edit with extData? 2. Is it possible that when we use the Gateway Ultra 3.0.1 we could trick the DS into thinking the red card is inserted when it really isn't for people without Gateway to use emuNAND?

3DBrew's website is fairly documented in the 3DS NAND ExtData.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata

If you want a summary, it's basically pictures and sound on the NAND, playcoins, Miis, and title versions used for software notification.
Also interesting is the SD Card's ExtData, including Nintendo Video.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo Video data isn't actually accessible either, for... reasons. To quote myself

Finally, a technical note: the 3ds actually has three different types of extra data. Shared extdata is stored on the 3DS itself, and it usually relevant to multiple games (e.g. the Play Coin counter). "User" and "boss" extdata are both stored on the SD card, encrypted, and are associated with a specific game. Generally, Spotpass data goes into boss and everything else goes into user. This tool can access user and shared extdata, but boss extdata is likely impossible. This means it is not, for example, possible to dump or edit the Nintendo Video videos.

WateredFire19: No, but anyone clever enough to do that would better off just reverse engineering Gateway's exploit either way.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they said. Extdata is accessible, most other stuff is not.

Although since Ninjhax runs in the web browser, it is possible to dump the browser's RomFS if anyone wants to do that for some reason.

Can you elaborate on RomFS more, please?

Edit: I mean, explain why that would be important.

Edit edit: Could we Ninjhax -> spider(browser) -> RomFS -> DLP child CIA -> Inject CIA into Download Play?

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/RomFS
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Download_Play#Broadcasted_application_data
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not important at all. RomFS is just data, not code, and there's no interesting data

Did you contemplate/read through the links for my second question?

I mean

its not like we have a cfw for da 3ds dat duz dis, hint hint hint

You could always elaborate on your idea instead of reposting it.

Reactions: signz

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by title versions?

I'd assume the absolute lowest firmware the cartridge needs to run. These cartridges have the firmware installed on them, and will install to your handheld if you have your wifi shut off while you attempt to run them.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrCheeze, Smea and I were talking about using webkit hax to gain control of the Mii Plaza through spider, so I wonder if we could use the same method to gain control of the Download Play to inject a cia into it. As far as I know, Download Play has kernel access, so we would be able to make our apps more powerful. MAYBE even then, we could make a .cia that has another .cia in it that could attempt to install.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Shit, my bad. I thought the OP was asking for a .cia version of Ninjhax. Serves me right to not reading properly.

In that case, what the OP is asking for is impossible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth