Gaming Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wiiu

Well is anybody really lookming forward to this game except for me? I'll post screens and trailers soon.

Info:

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the next game in the Ninja Gaoden series, it get's rel;eased on Xbox 360, Wiiu and PS3. The game features many new things, like new mechanics like Kunai Climb, new cinematic kills and many more.

Plot:

The game explores Ryu Hayabusa's more human side as he descends into a hellish realm. The history involving the Fiends and Archfiends from the previous titles is not explored this time around, and instead involves a mysterious cult of alchemists seeking to destroy the world as we know it and create a new world order, with Ryu as the catalyst.

Official site:
Wikipedia page:

Cover art:

NinjaGaiden3.jpg

Will update this post soon. ^^

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As a Ninja Gaiden fan I'm really looking forward to it (this and Ninja Gaiden 3D which is still pretty much shrowded in mystery I think).
Still need to replay the other two games tho.

Reactions: 1 person

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dashing shuriken with the wii u pad will obviously be a fun time for serious gamers and idiot gamers alike :ph34r:

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well is anybody really lookming forward to this game except for me? I'll post screens and trailers soon.

As someone who has played the 360 version

HELL NO!!
Crap game, really really crappy. I cannot see how they can remotely save it other than starting all over again.

Reactions: 1 person

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

As someone who has played the 360 version

HELL NO!!
Crap game, really really crappy. I cannot see how they can remotely save it other than starting all over again.

Huh what is wrong with NG3?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Huh what is wrong with NG3?

From what I read, the storytelling is awful, the gameplay is incredibly easy, and they took away anything that added depth to the series (like weapons and RPG aspects).

Mind you this is only from reviews though, I'm sure Hadrian can clarify.

The problem is I don't trust reviews anymore since the people who review have a taste that differs a lot from mine. So I hope Hadrian can clarify things a bit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is I don't trust reviews anymore since the people who review have a taste that differs a lot from mine. So I hope Hadrian can clarify things a bit.

Generally I don't trust single reviews but if there's a general consensus on the game then I'll have it influence my purchase.

You can look at the Metacritic scores if you want to see the general consensus here.

Either way, you're probably much better off with a different Wii U game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read, the storytelling is awful, the gameplay is incredibly easy, and they took away anything that added depth to the series (like weapons and RPG aspects).

Pretty much that and add a terrible camera that for some reason is a lot worse than the first game that came out in 2004. Unresponsive controls, at times you feel like you're not playing it at all!

It also has what I called "The Conduit syndrome" where you enter a room, you can't escape until you kill a wave of enemies (by wave I mean a party political broadcast) and then you do that AGAIN when you get to the next area. Its dull and repetitive, its not even fun for those who like that sort of thing because enemies are so easy to kill its ridiculous.

Bosses could have broken up The Conduit Syndrome had the bosses weren't repeated over and over, or even if there were different ways to kill the same bosses but sadly it seems like its a case of the developer just copying & pasting a previous boss.

I kept on playing it thinking "it'll get better, really it will" but it never did.

To be honest most of the reviews are spot on BUT I don't think the graphics are as bad as they make it out to be. Only played it on my friends 360 so I can't say if the Wii U/PS3 ones will look like crap or look better I can only go by what I've seen for myself.

To put it bluntly there is nothing here that Ninja Gaiden fans want, its severely watered down. I'd sort of understand if they wanted to find a new audience of some kind, I know some people are turned off by the difficulty but what they have changed isn't remotely good, the new ideas are awful and there just isn't anything that will attract new gamers to it.

Its a major fuck up for Team Ninja, its slightly better than Dead or Alive Paradise.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Pretty much that and add a terrible camera that for some reason is a lot worse than the first game that came out in 2004. Unresponsive controls, at times you feel like you're not playing it at all!

It also has what I called "The Conduit syndrome" where you enter a room, you can't escape until you kill a wave of enemies (by wave I mean a party political broadcast) and then you do that AGAIN when you get to the next area. Its dull and repetitive, its not even fun for those who like that sort of thing because enemies are so easy to kill its ridiculous.

Bosses could have broken up The Conduit Syndrome had the bosses weren't repeated over and over, or even if there were different ways to kill the same bosses but sadly it seems like its a case of the developer just copying & pasting a previous boss.

I kept on playing it thinking "it'll get better, really it will" but it never did.

To be honest most of the reviews are spot on BUT I don't think the graphics are as bad as they make it out to be. Only played it on my friends 360 so I can't say if the Wii U/PS3 ones will look like crap or look better I can only go by what I've seen for myself.

To put it bluntly there is nothing here that Ninja Gaiden fans want, its severely watered down. I'd sort of understand if they wanted to find a new audience of some kind, I know some people are turned off by the difficulty but what they have changed isn't remotely good, the new ideas are awful and there just isn't anything that will attract new gamers to it.

Its a major fuck up for Team Ninja, its slightly better than Dead or Alive Paradise.
Well, I was actually gonna buy that game thank god I stumbled upon this.
I think i'll just replay NG2 then

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm... I did actually grab and play Ninja gaiden 3 and although I would absolutely support it being dubbed ninja gaiden in name only, +1 to the it lost the finesse of the controls that made ninja gaiden as good as it was (seriously there is nothing in the way of timing any more where before you could wait a fraction of a second after landing and do an entirely different (often better) move, what Hadrian said about the controls is kind of true but for me it was more like some of the earlier RPGs to break out of the final fantasy clone cycle and instead stack moves*, defence is broken at best (that or the amount of enemies with a BS attack now includes rank and file types) and makes it incredibly easy at worst and combos feel more like a bad 2d fighting game in terms of actually being able to pull them off), the little minigame/element of killing well/combo meter is gone, camera is not good but I did not have too many issues with it- I would not say worse than ninja gaiden on the original xbox but not better which is kind of bad I guess as cameras have got better since then, story is a nice attempt but falls short), could well see it as an XBLA game (especially as I am alive is an XBLA game) and quite agree it does not live up to the ninja gaiden legacy I am not sure I can call it straight up bad. I could not fault anybody for skipping it in favour of another entry in the series (save perhaps some of the handheld ones) or another action game on the PS3/360 of which there are quite a few stunning ones.

*if you played resonance of fate far enough to be doing hero runs most of the time it was kind of like the annoyances there which I guess is pretty crippling for a ninja gaiden game but there have been games to pull it off.

I have certainly played far worse action games this go around (ignoring the likes of film cash ins I like this more than dark void, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Ghostbusters, enslaved although I did only play about two hours of that, cursed crusade, maybe the first templar although co-op did a lot to save that for me, Afro Samurai, definitely Vampire Rain*, looking back I would enjoy this more than Bullet Witch, I might even go so far as to say I liked it more than Nier but I will note Nier is one of those games like metal gear solid that some people seem to quite like but I can never get into and knights contract just off the top of my head) and for a mindless hack and slash it gets the job done which is more than can be said for some of those on the list I gave. I suppose the biggest disappointment is beyond the obvious taint on the franchise it did have some potential which I usually find stings worst of all.

*for the record I enjoy being hit by a car more than I enjoy vampire rain.

To this end wii u version... if they pulled a ninja gaiden sigma (maybe black) with this for the wii u version it might see me reappear but otherwise I reckon they can keep it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte