ROM Hack ninendo switch nps or xci question

tacomalaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a few games that are both xci and nsp version on the same game to save space on my drive
can i just keep the nsp version on the game and when theres updates to that game just download the
updates of that game from the internet and install the update and nintendo switch wont know ?
or can i just delete the xci file of that same game and keep the nsp and update file of that game
and use a nsp to xci converter
say if my firmware needs a update do i get the file from the interent or just let nintendo install it off my
nintendo switch can i just bascially block nintendo switch online and never use online
thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the base game, you only need either the XCI or the NSP; you don't need both. When an update for a game comes out, you need to install the NSP for that update. You only need the latest update NSP.

When there's a system update for the Switch, make sure you are using a version of Atmosphere that's compatible with the latest system version, download the system update, and install it with Daybreak.

tacomalaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your fast response lets say i have a game with the update patched onto that game then theres a new update to that game so i just get the nsp new update and overwrite the old update to that game
is like nsp or xci whats better to keep

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your fast response lets say i have a game with the update patched onto that game then theres a new update to that game so i just get the nsp new update and overwrite the old update to that game
is like nsp or xci whats better to keep
Are you using Atmosphere or SX OS?

tacomalaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry also i never play online games if i never use online for nsp patches updates or downloading and when it comes to firmware
updates i get them off the internet and install them
would technically never get banded

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry also i never play online games if i never use online for nsp patches updates or downloading and when it comes to firmware
updates i get them off the internet and install them
would technically never get banded
If you want to play online, you need to use a clean sysMMC for online play, and you need to use a dirty emuMMC for hackery. If you don't use online play, then you don't need to use an emuMMC. If you are not using something like Incognito, Stealth Mode, or 90DNS, then you are going to get banned for having pirated titles installed.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using latest atmosphere
Depends on how you plan to use the backup games, for mainly citra or other emulator use keep the xci as to my knowledge nsp files don't work with emulators well you can't load nsp's.(Correct me if i'm wrong please) or keep nsp if you are just planning on storing your games/updates for when switch is 30+ years old and eshop isn't around for it. I'd only keep the update if the game hasn't been updated for like ever. Just so you don't have 100's of update files which will hurt your storage write performance over time by writing and deleting aka ssd degrading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed