• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,406
  • Replies 16
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey guys. I'm trying to repack the English pc scripts into the vita version. I'm using total commander with the psarc plugin. I dumped the game with maid dump (can you dump it with nonpdrm and get a decrypted psarc file?). I copied over the event folder which are the same size on both versions. I repacked the file and replaced the original in the game folder with vitashell. When I launch it I get an error message that it is corupted. Then I seen the repacked file is slightly smaller. Original size is 2.40 gb (2,513,579 kb)
Repacked file 2.39 gb (2,509,087)

I used these option to repack, psarc ver. 3 compression:zlibs rate: 9

Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: ExData7
D

Deleted User

OP
Tried repack and got the same error message as well. Thanks anyway guys. I'll report back if I make any progress.

D

Deleted User

OP
Success! Maidump was giving me a corrupted file. I used the repatch method and it works perfectly. I have managed to import the English script. There's is some spacing issues, but there is no problem reading the script in game. Here's a few shots
upload_2018-8-2_0-23-44.jpeg

upload_2018-8-2_0-24-49.jpeg

upload_2018-8-2_0-24-10.jpeg

I'm working on the patch now. Xdelta output the patch at 2 gb so I'm trying to make it as small as possible.

This only translates the script including dlc and side events.. Not the menu or items/skills. The files format for the images still needs a tool made to extract.
If anyone is interested in looking into the images and where to find the item/skill ect text I would appreciate it.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: swosho and ExData7

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@sephurchin the rest of the translations are .xml files (name.xml description.xml system_message.xml talk_message.xml tweet_message.xml) ... thought the PC assets are encrypted (xml.e), no way to swap them unless you can decrypt them... (decrypt key is prolly in the .exe) I've attempted to translate them manually with a friend, we did translate like 20% of it, but there way too many strings and way too tedious, and we've pretty much given up, since we both bought a switch.

also you have to replace/swap the font file for all translations to appear properly.

Good luck

Last edited by xYuunax,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
@sephurchin the rest of the translations are .xml files (name.xml description.xml system_message.xml talk_message.xml tweet_message.xml) ... thought the PC assets are encrypted (xml.e), no way to swap them unless you can decrypt them... (decrypt key is prolly in the .exe) I've attempted to translate them manually with a friend, we did translate like 20% of it, but there way too many strings and way too tedious, and we've pretty much given up, since we both bought a switch.

also you have to replace/swap the font file for all translations to appear properly.

Good luck
Thanks! I'll try the font file next. Good to know about the rest. If I can't find the encryption keys maybe I'll just manual it. Did you try to make a patch? Xdelta won't go below 2 gb on the patch side.

D

Deleted User

OP
OK so found the font file it is call lillyfont.gln. adding and/or swapping does not fix the spacing issue. Also I have edited the xml files directly with notepad++ with the xml plug in. I replaces all the Japanese names in the names.xml file. Problem is it is not showing in game. All names are still in the original Japanese. The same thing with the description.xml. Strange how the script file show fine, but not these. Anyone have any ideas why?

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Patching now. I'll go through and take a look. I take it the switch files were easier to handle. Great job at getting the rest of the assets. This was getting kind of frustration.

yea switch has the xml decrypted, but the story scripts are a different story... looks encrypted and also in a different format compared to pc/vita.

D

Deleted User

OP
yea switch has the xml decrypted, but the story scripts are a different story... looks encrypted and also in a different format compared to pc/vita.
Got your patch extracted and going through the files now. The talk bubbles is up first. I see a lot of files that make sense now like the font and the menu text was not an image as I first thought. Let me play around with it and see. What method did you use to make the patch?

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Got your patch extracted and going through the files now. The talk bubbles is up first. I see a lot of files that make sense now like the font and the menu text was not an image as I first thought. Let me play around with it and see. What method did you use to make the patch?

just the normal psarc tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=12&pp=8AUB