NieR: Automata is getting an "upgrade patch" on PC, four years after release

header.jpg

NieR: Automata was one of the most critically acclaimed releases of the jam-packed year of 2017, except on PC. Square Enix's Steam port of the game was criticized as having unreliable performance, a multitude of crashes, graphical errors, and more, according to fans. These complaints have been rampant, ever since NieR Automata's release, and yet the issues have never been addressed, until possibly now. Unofficially patches have been made, in order to make the game more playable for those who experienced stuttering problems, but now Square Enix has announced an "upgrade patch" for the Steam version of Nier Automata, more than four years after its release. Outside of the brief Tweet, the extend of the upgrade patch is unknown, but the company promises more information at a later date. Meanwhile, Nier Replicant is set to launch at the end of this month, hopefully culminating in a more quality PC port than Automata.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of funny considering the windows store version isnt actually fixed as confirmed by digital foundry, but they should have patched this long ago anyway. It sold well on pc, so Im not sure why they didnt considering it might have sold even better with support.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

how much you wanna bet this is because of the backlash from the gamepass version lol

which i personally still consider inferiot. it still has that terrible LOD bug that makes everything look like trash like 30 feet in front of you, and doesn't support the mod that fixes it

Last edited by ,

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kek, I'm so certain the rampant dislikes on its Steam review page finally got Square to move their ass about it.

Lowkey mad at Square for their PS5 exclusive Yuffie story. #$%^ them right now.

Last edited by Stash23,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how much you wanna bet this is because of the backlash from the gamepass version lol

which i personally still consider inferiot. it still has that terrible LOD bug that makes everything look like trash like 30 feet in front of you, and doesn't support the mod that fixes it
Its amazing how the world works these days, someone says something that isnt even true, word spreads around, and then people actually take action lol. Mind you in this case the game does need a patch.

D

Deleted User

Its amazing how the world works these days, someone says something that isnt even true, word spreads around, and then people actually take action lol. Mind you in this case the game does need a patch.
what are you referencing to as being not true? the gamepass version supposedly being better?

Reactions: Snintendog

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of funny considering the windows store version isnt actually fixed as confirmed by digital foundry, but they should have patched this long ago anyway. It sold well on pc, so Im not sure why they didnt considering it might have sold even better with support.

Lol imagine buying the inferior PC port when other storefronts get the patch

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest after running the new YorHa Dark Apocalypse raid in FF14 tonight I don't want to see anything Nier Automata for a while. That place is a nightmarish bloodbath where hope goes to die.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How is the Windows Store version worse ? Putting aside the fact that it apparently doesn't support the mod ?

I thought they would never fix it and tbh I finished it with the mod so idc now, but better late than never I guess. The game is really awesome, a bit overrated by some (could it be because of 2B ??? Naaaaah people aren't overexagerating for things like waifus) but it's clearly one of my favs games

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the Windows Store version worse ? Putting aside the fact that it apparently doesn't support the mod ?

I thought they would never fix it and tbh I finished it with the mod so idc now, but better late than never I guess. The game is really awesome, a bit overrated by some (could it be because of 2B ??? Naaaaah people aren't overexagerating for things like waifus) but it's clearly one of my favs games
It's worse because it doesn't support the mod that fixes the game, and it still hasn't fixed the original problems in the first place. So it's broken in the same, and in some cases new ways, with no way for the user to fix it.

But it added borderless fullscreen, yay! And 4K UI elements in case you want to play in 4K, even though their broken 900p post processing negates most of the benefits, double yay!

On topic, I have my money on the patch just being the "upgraded" broken post-processing fro the game pass version, and no fixes for the original problem.

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess better late then ever. I've already pretty much 100% all the achievements in the game on Steam. I used FAR for fixing the resolution and framerate issues and really had no problems otherwise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To be honest after running the new YorHa Dark Apocalypse raid in FF14 tonight I don't want to see anything Nier Automata for a while. That place is a nightmarish bloodbath where hope goes to die.
- Then certainly don't play Soul Calibur 6. 2B was a DLC guest character in it.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to get this on PC, but everything the lot of you are describing makes me glad I just bought the PS4 copy when it went cheap over Christmas. If it does actually get fixed and if the price drops some more, I'll consider double dipping.

Reactions: cyb0rg

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to get this on PC, but everything the lot of you are describing makes me glad I just bought the PS4 copy when it went cheap over Christmas. If it does actually get fixed and if the price drops some more, I'll consider double dipping.
Good news, it has the same problems on PS4, they're just not fixable there, and are just accepted as how the things are on console.
In fact, the problems in the PC version are caused because it's a straight port of the PS4 version with no changes to the code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: