NieR: Automata is coming to Steam

original.gif

Nier series creator Yoko Taro has casually announced at Gamescom that NieR: Automata will have a Steam release alongside the PS4 version sometime in early 2017.

LONDON (17th August 2016)Square Enix Ltd., today announced that NieR: Automata™, the upcoming SQUARE ENIX and PlatinumGames Inc. developed action-RPG title, will also be available on PC when the game releases in early 2017. The highly anticipated follow up to the 2010 cult-classic NIER, NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful mechanoids.

In gameplay footage previously unveiled at E3, fans can get a closer look at the games fluid 60fps action oriented combat, and beautifully diverse world, showcasing PlatinumGames Inc., signature style. To watch the gameplay footage, visit:

Developed by an all-star team consisting of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST® X / NIER), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard® / NIER ), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY® XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard 3 / NIER ). NieR: Automata will be available on STEAM and the PlayStation®4 system in early 2017.

To watch the latest NieR: Automata trailer, visit:

Story of NieR: Automata
Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing their secret weapon: the machines. In the face of this insurmountable threat, the human race is driven from the earth and takes refuge on the moon.

The humans develop an army of android soldiers to fight back against the mechanical horde, but succeed only in slowing its advance. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad.

In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on. A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world…

You can already preorder the Steam version through SE's online store. The official Square Enix JP Youtube channel has also uploaded two videos from the upcoming game's sound track, which you can listen to here and here.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is beautiful! Best looking thing I've seen come from Square in a long while!

Now for that old Enix feel... still awaiting the return of Dragon Quest 7 also.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't care much for the Xbox360 version of the first one. Didn't play the PS3 version because if I recall right, it's only in Japanese.... This one, though, I might pick up.
NieR on 360/PS3 were both in English.
The Japanese versions featured a different protagonist.

Reactions: LunaWofl

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of Nier, but never seen or played it. However, watching that gameplay video with the beautiful graphics I'm definitely interested. Looks like I gotta check out the original on the PS3.

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of Nier, but never seen or played it. However, watching that gameplay video with the beautiful graphics I'm definitely interested. Looks like I gotta check out the original on the PS3.
Check out the original Drakengard games too. They're directly related to NieR, with one of Drakengard 1's endings leading right into the NieR universe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun