Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl to get free Garfield DLC on December 9

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl made headlines upon its announcement for its unique premise, but failed to keep that momentum going post-launch, with critics agreeing the game had a solid foundation but fell short in its presentation and lack of content compared to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Today, developers Ludosity and Fair Play Labs took the first steps towards bolstering the game's content by announcing its first post-launch DLC character, Garfield, will arrive via a free update on December 9 for Xbox, PlayStation and Steam, and sometime later this month for the Nintendo Switch. Additionally, the official All-Star Brawl Twitter account announced in a Tweet a few weeks ago that alternative costumes will also be coming soon via free update.

Not long after the game's release, a dataminer on the game's subreddit found content suggesting that Garfield and Shredder from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be added to the game next (these leaks were also reportedly bolstered by one of the game's developers on Discord). Given that this leak has been partially proven true, it seems likely now that Shredder will in fact be the next character. In a pre-release interview with Game Informer, CEO of Ludosity Joel Nyström said two characters would be released "soon after" the game's launch, with more to follow at later dates, so expect plenty of support for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl well into the future.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game had real potential as a Smash clone with Nickelodeon characters, but the gameplay looks slow, sluggish, and unnatural when compared to Smash.

Not saying this addition isn't good, it is.

WB's Smash clone looks and feels a lot faster and better:

Reactions: Xzi and lordelan

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be so hype...

If I was 7 years old and was still into Nickelodeon. Don't get me wrong, I still love the old school cartoons. (Just haven't been watching them for years now.)

Truth is that this will never be as hype as Smash Bros...

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not Bubsy...I don't understand why thats a criticism that Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl isn't as good as Smash Bros Ultimate like of course its not that good. Its not this game fault that Smash Bros Ultimate is TOO FUCKIN BIG!!!

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is nice but they have to release more content and polish the game

and the sound design is horrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Soon your birthday?