Nick is releasing a Smash Bros. clone called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

If you're getting tired of playing Super Smash Bros., with all of their sword users, you'll be able to turn your heads towards a party fighter that makes the most out of nostalgic cartoon characters instead of video gaming ones. Nickelodeon is releasing All-Star Brawl, set for release this Fall on all current and last-gen platforms, except for PC. This Smash clone lets you duke it out between Danny Phantom, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob, Invader Zim, Reptar, and more. According to IGN, who revealed the game, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will have over 20 levels based on all the different cartoons featured in the game, with even more to be revealed at a later date. It'll also let you fight for fun, or for glory, online or locally, in both casual or competitive matches.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too many tried to copy Smash Bros.
?
Tried to copy mario kart. Sure, even on the PS360 we still saw a bunch. Back during the N64/PS1 and maybe PS2 era then for my money they even often outclassed mario kart (between lego efforts, crash bandicoot, diddy kong and some of the GBA stuff there were some things that could mario kart a trick or two), even if the idealised form of mario kart some seem to hold in their mind (my usual question is compare the menu options of something like smash brothers to mario kart, now tell me mario kart could not be massively improved).
Tried to copy fun time character brawler a la smash brothers... I admit I could have been slipping or indeed caught napping but where was that? Other than Sony's effort, and maybe Jump Super/Ultimate Stars on the DS, a terrible cartoon network effort, do we dare mention the Kung Fu Panda game?, maybe a few token afterthought efforts from various "I want to be streets of rage" that failed to even be console port quality 2 crude dudes*, then I am fairly hard pressed for examples here until we hit a few indy efforts (stuff like Brawlhalla and Icons) and as none of those sit pretty with any of the indy darlings (I figure someone is more likely to tell me about nidhogg before them) then yeah.

*so many attempts at side scrolling beat em ups back when downloadable shops were being made on consoles and the only one that was sort of any good was Scott Pilgrim which in turn got yanked because downloadable games are the future. Only the run of bad co-op dungeon crawler type games a few years later was more disappointing.

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beyondchristie.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I see a lot of negativity in this post, and I'm not sure why? Nick reached out to and licensed Ludocity, a small indie dev team who already released a fairly successful Smash-like platform fighter called Slap City. They've already shown themselves to be competent developers, so I'm definitely excited!

Reactions: Worldblender

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't liked NICK tv show and I won't let my kids watched NICK at all because NICK is full of immature and weirdo cartoons. Bad influence for kids easily. And I noticed those kids from other family watched NICK and those kids does things what NICK did. Crazy. And this game is incredibly ridiculous.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't liked NICK tv show and I won't let my kids watched NICK at all because NICK is full of immature and weirdo cartoons. Bad influence for kids easily. And I noticed those kids from other family watched NICK and those kids does things what NICK did. Crazy. And this game is incredibly ridiculous.
A few cartoons from back then and almost all cartoons nowadays aren't good for kids anymore.

Reactions: spotanjo3

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I guess the target audience for this is people old enough to remember/know most of the characters in this game? Because a lot of these characters haven't been on standard Nick for years now, some having been off the air for nearly 20+ years. I guess they do have other services that still run a lot of these shows, but I do wonder how many of these characters are recognizable to a younger generation?
I know all of them...
Still think same thing as other orator

It have few chars from 1 series...
Better release series characters as a pack dlc
And ppl can choose what to have in game
Because all of them not fit together and I would like skip 75% of them...

I would like to see all characters from series
ninja turtles
Danny phantom

Last edited by k7ra,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know all of them...
Still think same thing as other orator

It have few chars from 1 series...
Better release series characters as a pack dlc
And ppl can choose what to have in game
Because all of them not fit together and I would like skip 75% of them...
I mean, you are 29 (according to your account,) the post was more about the current viewing audience of Nick. I know anyone from the '90s is going to know these characters but what about any generation past Millennials?

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the target audience for this is people old enough to remember/know most of the characters in this game? Because a lot of these characters haven't been on standard Nick for years now, some having been off the air for nearly 20+ years. I guess they do have other services that still run a lot of these shows, but I do wonder how many of these characters are recognizable to a younger generation?
They know people that really play games are in their 20s and 30s. Most kids today just play on iPad or tablet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A few cartoons from back then and almost all cartoons nowadays aren't good for kids anymore.
Okay boomers.

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the end of the day, most of the money is with the older generation. Companies like Nintendo have been playing on nostalgia for a long time now. I am one of the older people buying these types of games, but never actually finish playing them because my life no longer allows for me to play games for extended periods of time. Once in a blue moon I convince myself I can actually make time, and they sucker me into buying stuff like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.