Nick is releasing a Smash Bros. clone called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

If you're getting tired of playing Super Smash Bros., with all of their sword users, you'll be able to turn your heads towards a party fighter that makes the most out of nostalgic cartoon characters instead of video gaming ones. Nickelodeon is releasing All-Star Brawl, set for release this Fall on all current and last-gen platforms, except for PC. This Smash clone lets you duke it out between Danny Phantom, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob, Invader Zim, Reptar, and more. According to IGN, who revealed the game, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will have over 20 levels based on all the different cartoons featured in the game, with even more to be revealed at a later date. It'll also let you fight for fun, or for glory, online or locally, in both casual or competitive matches.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess the target audience for this is people old enough to remember/know most of the characters in this game? Because a lot of these characters haven't been on standard Nick for years now, some having been off the air for nearly 20+ years. I guess they do have other services that still run a lot of these shows, but I do wonder how many of these characters are recognizable to a younger generation?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess the target audience for this is people old enough to remember/know most of the characters in this game? Because a lot of these characters haven't been on standard Nick for years now, some having been off the air for nearly 20+ years. I guess they do have other services that still run a lot of these shows, but I do wonder how many of these characters are recognizable to a younger generation?
Aaaaah real monsters and Danny Phantom are probably there to catch the attention of both classic 90s and 00s Nick kids. Everything else is on in massive reruns or reboots.

I don't think The Wild Thornberries have been a thing for ages either, but the dad is forever meme status for sure.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aaaaah real monsters and Danny Phantom are probably there to catch the attention of both classic 90s and 00s Nick kids. Everything else is on in massive reruns or reboots.

I don't think The Wild Thornberries have been a thing for ages either, but the dad is forever meme status for sure.
I kind of wonder how much of their sales are going to be based on nostalgia? I kind of hope this game sells well and we start seeing Nick shifting away from just spamming SpongeBob and creepy live-action shows made by sketchy people.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Wow, they didn't even try to make it seem not like a clone, down to the sound effects and defeat visuals.

Though I would I love it if there was a game with these but with Cartoon Network and Disney's characters as well, a whole partnership.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, they didn't even try to make it seem not like a clone, down to the sound effects and defeat visuals.

Though I would I love it if there was a game with these but with Cartoon Network and Disney's characters as well, a whole partnership.
there is a cartoon network clone called
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL

single player was kinda fun the multiplayer was meh but still acceptable better than that tmnt smash up ubisoft did imo.

now i dont know if disney will ever let their characters being on a fighting game specialty when most of them are princesses lol.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
there is a cartoon network clone called
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL

single player was kinda fun the multiplayer was meh but still acceptable better than that tmnt smash up ubisoft did imo.

now i dont know if disney will ever let their characters being on a fighting game specialty when most of them are princesses lol.

Ah yes I remember that. I meant more as one game.

There are tons of characters beside princesses. There's Recess, Lilo and Stich, Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Kim Possible, Phineas and Ferb, etc. Those are just from the top of my head.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the memes I've seen are correct and this game truly has rollback netcode and basically a better online than smash (not that it would be that hard to do/believe), then it's gonna be one hell of an hilarious shitshow, lmao. Some say it has wavedashing too, lol.

Imagine when EVO comes around and people boo off Smash to play this instead, it'd be amazing, lmao.

Reactions: Korma and orangy57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended