Niantic's Pikmin Bloom mobile game is available in select regions, set to roll out worldwide "shortly"

A few months ago, we saw that Nintendo and Pokemon Go developer Niantic were working together again once more, this time, on a Pikmin mobile game. Information on the game was scarce, at least, until now, as the game--now titled Pikmin Bloom--is starting to launch worldwide. Currently available in Australia and Singapore, Pikmin Bloom is much like Pokemon Go, as it encourages players to go outside and walk around their neighborhood. In order for your Pikmin to grow, you'll need to hit a certain amount of steps, after which flowers will begin to bloom behind you in the game's AR mode. It appears to be less intensive than Pokemon Go, as you can leave the game idle as you walk. Other Pikmin can also join you along the way, and you'll be able to see the results of your daily journey in a journal. Pikmin Bloom is available on the App Store and Google Play Store, and will be launching worldwide "shortly".

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it honestly doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but I do like Pikmin and I already walk a lot as it is - may turn my daily stroll into something slightly more interesting

Reactions: rvtr and banjo2

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I mean, sure, Star Fox Zero did come out relatively recently compared to Kid Icarus: Uprising, and especially F-Zero, but...well, SF0 was garbage, and even if it was good it was largely a remake of SF64 from what I hear. And before that, there was SF64 3D, which...well, is a remake of SF64.

The last "new" Star Fox game was on the DS - Assault? Command? Something like that.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a cool game I can have fun with for like a month tops, till my phone just auto archives it and I forget it exists.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you really think that ALL mobile games are trash nowadays, maybe I suggest you to stop playing crappy citadel games. Mobile phones are as legit as consoles. Hell, some ports on the Switch are arguably worse than the mobile counterparts. Not all mobile games are freemium garbage, just like not all Switch games are cheap ripoffs.

• Haha

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video didn't really confirm if the pikmin are susceptible to their respective crap. I don't want to see red pikmin running through water.

A Google play review guy says it will require you to download Google fit.

Last edited by TheZander,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you really think that ALL mobile games are trash nowadays, maybe I suggest you to stop playing crappy citadel games. Mobile phones are as legit as consoles. Hell, some ports on the Switch are arguably worse than the mobile counterparts. Not all mobile games are freemium garbage, just like not all Switch games are cheap ripoffs.
Except that, unlike the Switch, the mobile market is indeed flooded with low-quality money-munchers, has been for more than a decade now, and has a horrible reputation.
The only good game I've found is Bloons Tower Defense 5, on mobile.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no one has it harder than pikmin fans

(out of the franchises that nintendo at least acknowledges their existence)
F-Zero Fans would like to have a talk with you, the last mainline game was GX on the Gamecube and they did talk on Twitter about it when the SNES App launched…

Edit: And Waverace…and 1080 Snowboarding…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w49byd81I_Y