Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we report bugs here? Quest 77 "Hope Sprouts" objective is missleading. She need ambition fragment instead of courage.
you can report here or by mail, but I don't know if any are being checked or not.
since the release, we don't have any news from Anjiera or the team.

continue to post all you find, hopefully it can be useful to them one day.

DmitriyRUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've beaten this awesome game a week ago. Basic and the Extra dungeons. Yet there is still no automatic pop up on the Martin's Missions' Bulletin Board for the acclaimed pre-downloaded extra Quest 101 - 120.

I tried talking to many NPCs in different cities hoping for a "trigger" but none did.

So after an extensive research on the internet I finally found the solution! You guys better thank me for this.

THAT IS: you can only download the extra Quest 101 - 120 in the original Japanese Rom.

Before I start, make sure you are in the same page as me. I use R4DS (wood ver.1.62) to play this game on my NDS:

1.) Get DeadSkullzJr's usrcheat.dat (v2.1.0). It is in gbatemp. You don't need to ask me for my tweaked version.

2.) Get an original japanese Ni No Kuni rom. (don't ask me where to get it)

3.) Locate your translated Ni No Kuni nds.sav and change the file name -> the same as the original japanese rom. (remember to backup your save file)

4.) Before you start your japanese game, ONLY activate "Wfc Replay Code". (if you activate other code the game will crash)

5.) As you log into the game;
- There will be 3 options in japanese, choose the last one.
- Then press "A" to load your save file.
- Next, there will be another 3 options, choose the second one.
- And then, there will be 4 options, choose the last one.

6.) Get your android phone: go to Setting -> More -> Tethering & portable hotspot -> Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
- Network name: ABCD (you name it)
- Security: None (trust me. nds do not accept WPA2)
- Select AP Band: 2.4 GHz Band (nds do not accept 5 GHz Band)

* Click back and turn ON the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

7.) Go to this website and follow its tutorial from step 6-10: http://wololo.net/2014/12/13/3ds-playing-your-ds-games-online-with-wfcreplay-by-tardisidiot/

* However, instead of entering 104.131.93.87 into the following DNS for both Primary and Secondary DNS (as stated in step 9), you type in: 172.104.88.237
( credits go to this web for the working private server: https://github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/List-of-Servers )

8.) Turn on your NDS with only the Wfc Replay Code activated, as you log into the game;

- And then, there will be 4 options, choose the first one, click the first option, wait (do not press B), and tadaaa all Daily Gazette will be downloaded.
- Click back, there will be the previous 4 options, choose the second one, click the first option, wait (do not press B), and tadaaa all extra Quest 101-120 will be downloaded.

9.) Click back, back, back to the main menu with 3 options, choose the second one, and load your save game.

10.) As you enter the game, go to Martin's Missions in any city, check the Bulletin Board and you will find the downloaded extra Quests. Immediately save the game and turn off your NDS.

11.) Locate your original japanese Ni No Kuni nds.sav and change the file name -> the same as the translated rom. (remember to backup your save file)

12.) Play the remaining extra Quests in english.

Adios and good luck!

- WHADDAP
Thank you very much! Using your instructions I was able to access more quests.
iU5R2Os6Oxc.jpg
cS6p_7YRL10.jpg

Last edited by DmitriyRUS,

waitsnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
おつかれさまです。Thanks a lot for your the long and hard translation work.
After watching all the Ghibli films I read years ago about this game.
Since I tired to learn Japanese at that time (with little success after all) I even bought the NDS game direct from japan with the book. At the end I study too less and it was too hard for me to play it in Japanese. But now that your translation is finished I try to play it again. And in the cut scenes I could understand a litte of the spoken Japanese and could check it by seeing the english subtitles.

I have a dstwo and used the arm7 patch because of the sleeping problem (AP) and it works when I open and close the lid. Yesterday in the middle while playing the game stops without warning and screen turns black. It was because of a the empty battery of cause and fortunately I saved not too long ago. But I can't remember that I saw the low battery warning on ma NDS (blinking red LED)? Maybe I was too much in the gameplay or maybe that is also related to the AP and not fixed by the arm7 patch yet? I will keep an eye on it.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Anjiera I followed in this thread is a perfectionist. Her personality type isn't the kind to abandon a project that's nearly finished. The odds are she doesn't have time, needs a break, or both. A perfectionist will also react strongly to failure or disappointment. Perhaps the number of bugs surprised and/or frustrated her after working so hard to deliver a bug-free release. Once she takes a deep breath, she'll be back.

Hopefully. ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think there are that many bug left.
the AP protection (which actually triggers by trying to fix it). restoring the default unpatched arm.bin and letting the cartridge's FW take care of it is one solution.
But I'm sure there's a way to fix it definitely for all flashcarts.

There's also the freeze of resurect spell, but only if you select it in the list. if you draw it yourself, it doesn't freeze.

I've read other freezes might happen, not confirmed by more users?

there are few mistakes in the script (seeing the game's script language, instead of the actual game's text)

she's a perfectionist and that's all to her advantage. It's just exhausting and she already spent a lot of time on it, on detriment to her family. She deserve the rest, but hope she'll come back :)
But she's not the only one from the team, and we didn't get any news from anyone else.
I'm curious to know how many report they got from here and from mail, if it was helpful.
I'd want to help too if I have time.

random, stupid thought I had : when I saw the new release of NNK on new plateforms (switch, PS4, PC), I thought maybe the team has been approached officially and therefore they have a NDA and can't talk here ? nahh, not possible. the patch would have been removed. that would just be funny if if was used as base for a re-release on another console. but it's still not perfect enough for that.

Last edited by Cyan,

Atticaius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is now probably my favorite game. I've never seen a game that actually makes you read a book to play it. And that makes me so engaged with it. I'm kinda having a problem with one of the quests though. It's quest number 043, which the Purrsian boy needs motivation. I didn't find anyone in Catnap Kingdom to take it from. Is it something you have to wait for?

Also, I hope The translation team is ok. I followed this project since 2017. They did an amazing job. The Magic Master translation was an incredible achievement.

Last edited by Atticaius,

polyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can't resurrect people? I'm sorry I'm looking for othr posts about it. Oliver died, but he came back after the battle and it shortly crashed to a black screen after. Should I just not die in the game?

NoobCycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
First of all.... Thank you so much for the patch the team has created, one of the best project that has been completed on beautiful game...

I don't know if it's been resolved or not, but i'm playing this on my N3DS XL using twilight menu++ v. 8.4.0. with nds bootsrap v.0.21.1. the game runs fine using the arm7 patch but freeze when i tried to use heal spell on the field. Does this issue has been resolved? I searched for the fix but hasn't found it yet... Plz any help would be most appreciated...

Once again thank you very much for this awesome patch

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you can't resurrect people? I'm sorry I'm looking for othr posts about it. Oliver died, but he came back after the battle and it shortly crashed to a black screen after. Should I just not die in the game?
It seems like it's a bug. You need to draw the rune yourself, if you select the spell from the list the game freezes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Spells can't be used in a battle, so it's a fake spell and you can't use it to resurrect while fighting.
after a battle, all your dead characters have 1HP so you can heal them. this is not a bug. if you want to do the spell for collection completion, just draw it manually by looking at your book/pdf, instead of picking it in the list. if you never do it, it won't change a thing as you never need it.

You should not die.
At least, you should not have 3 characters dead in battle, just swap dead characters with others from your reserve.

Last edited by Cyan,

neven84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone extensively tested out the patched ROM on New 3DS/2DS using TWiLight Menu++? I set up the game and tried the opening, but I was wondering if there are problems further in the game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I mean is you can't even use the heal spell outside of battle without it crashing?
The heal spell doesn't crash and works correctly. I use it all the time.
only the resurrect spell is a fake one (never needed, it's not a battle spell, and characters are auto-resurrected after a battle so you don't need it). Therefore not a big problem that it crashes if you pick it in the list to "unlock" it the first time. just look at the design in your book and draw it yourself if you want all your spells unlocked.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone extensively tested out the patched ROM on New 3DS/2DS using TWiLight Menu++? I set up the game and tried the opening, but I was wondering if there are problems further in the game?
I think there's no problem. users said it worked, and I don't remember anyone reporting issues later in the story.
just verify you can close the lid without freezing the game, and you are good to play it :)

Last edited by Cyan,

RPGTsukuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've beaten this awesome game a week ago. Basic and the Extra dungeons. Yet there is still no automatic pop up on the Martin's Missions' Bulletin Board for the acclaimed pre-downloaded extra Quest 101 - 120.

I tried talking to many NPCs in different cities hoping for a "trigger" but none did.

So after an extensive research on the internet I finally found the solution! You guys better thank me for this.

THAT IS: you can only download the extra Quest 101 - 120 in the original Japanese Rom.

Before I start, make sure you are in the same page as me. I use R4DS (wood ver.1.62) to play this game on my NDS:

1.) Get DeadSkullzJr's usrcheat.dat (v2.1.0). It is in gbatemp. You don't need to ask me for my tweaked version.

2.) Get an original japanese Ni No Kuni rom. (don't ask me where to get it)

3.) Locate your translated Ni No Kuni nds.sav and change the file name -> the same as the original japanese rom. (remember to backup your save file)

4.) Before you start your japanese game, ONLY activate "Wfc Replay Code". (if you activate other code the game will crash)

5.) As you log into the game;
- And then, there will be 4 options, choose the last one.

6.) Get your android phone: go to Setting -> More -> Tethering & portable hotspot -> Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
- Network name: ABCD (you name it)
- Security: None (trust me. nds do not accept WPA2)
- Select AP Band: 2.4 GHz Band (nds do not accept 5 GHz Band)

* Click back and turn ON the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

7.) Go to this website and follow its tutorial from step 6-10: http://wololo.net/2014/12/13/3ds-playing-your-ds-games-online-with-wfcreplay-by-tardisidiot/

* However, instead of entering 104.131.93.87 into the following DNS for both Primary and Secondary DNS (as stated in step 9), you type in: 172.104.88.237
( credits go to this web for the working private server: https://github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/List-of-Servers )

8.) Turn on your NDS with only the Wfc Replay Code activated, as you log into the game;

- And then, there will be 4 options, choose the first one, click the first option, wait (do not press B), and tadaaa all Daily Gazette will be downloaded.
- Click back, there will be the previous 4 options, choose the second one, click the first option, wait (do not press B), and tadaaa all extra Quest 101-120 will be downloaded.

9.) Click back, back, back to the main menu with 3 options, choose the second one, and load your save game.

10.) As you enter the game, go to Martin's Missions in any city, check the Bulletin Board and you will find the downloaded extra Quests. Immediately save the game and turn off your NDS.

11.) Locate your original japanese Ni No Kuni nds.sav and change the file name -> the same as the translated rom. (remember to backup your save file)

12.) Play the remaining extra Quests in english.

Adios and good luck!

- WHADDAP
Any idea how to get enabled DLC quests for playing on emulator? Cause I dont have console and cant do those actions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho