Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I own a DS Lite and a R4i RTS Revolution card. The game runs well on my setup, but for this gem I'm really thinking about getting a used NDSi XL from Ebay. Do you guys think the bigger screen would make this game shine in all its glory or is it a waste of money?

Looks lovely on a DSi XL!

Last edited by Hephaestus,
Reactions: Anjiera

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FYI:
For those that are wondering if this can be injected as a DS VC on the WiiU?
Game boots to black screen and system freezes when trying to inject as a WiiU DS VC, tried several DS bases all the same result. I'm not fully up to date with this game, is there some sort of AP patch that needs to be applied?
Not sure if on the WiiU side of things this Eng patch needs further patching? Also this ROM is large, again not sure if the WiiU DS supports roms this large.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's so weird that 2 or 3 years ago it got translated to spanish, and this final english patch was released only one day ago, when always is the other way around with translations.
Anyway, very good job. Although my native language is spanish, I tested this to check it... and it's pretty good actually, and it's incredible that the guide/lore book is also translated, because it's pretty necessary to learn how to play and even master the game.
Congratulations!

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off:
THANK YOU! Amazing work.
I've been wanting to play this on DS (in EN) for as long as I've known about this game.

You can try to use the original arm7.bin file but it may not work on some flashcards. To make this change, use Tinke to extract the file "ftc/arm7.bin" from the unpatched game and replace it to the patched game.

I can confirm this works properly on a Supercard DSTWO (not plus) that had the sleep problem. I have a few other cards, including an AK2i, so please let me know if you need this tested.

EDIT: Made it to the Catnap Kingdom after beating the first boss. No issues so far with the main patch + replacing arm7.bin from the original file. SC DSTwo works properly.

Last edited by mooglazer,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off: THANK YOU! Amazing work. I've been wanting to play this on DS (in EN) for as long as I've known about this game.

I can confirm this works properly on a Supercard DSTWO (not plus) that had the sleep problem. I have a few other cards, including an AK2i, so please let me know if you need this tested.
bitter sweet for me. I thought I was getting closer to finishing my backlog on my dsiXL, and now I'm still adding to it...lol

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what a wonderful news. is this game fun to play? I played the ps3 ni no kuni for 10 hours and I dropped when I reached the mountain arc, the story suddenly slowed down and I lost my motivation to play. i cannot rate the ps3 game too highly, the battle is so awkward. it would have been fantastic had they released it as a turn based jrpg, instead they are trying to mash everything. it feels like a bad combination of dragon quest and tales series

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been following this since the very beginning and it's a bit surreal to finally see the release! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved, you have clearly put so much work into this project. Looking forward to playing!

Last edited by Fgamer,
Reactions: Zkarts and Anjiera

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Many a temper must have graduated since the creation of this thread. I'm sure this will bring back many fond memories to everyone playing this. Good work on completing it!

Just wondering, what happens when you close your DS? Does it just crash? Or power down?

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Ummm... We're on Kotaku... It's a brief article, but ... HOLY FREAKING CRAP!! https://kotaku.com/eight-years-later-ni-no-kunis-ds-version-is-now-playab-1830972209
You guy's earned it, I can only imagine all the hours that went into it, and all the revisions to get everything working correctly. And on top of that, your team even did the book too, which is another huge undertaking. I used Hephaestus' fix for the sleeping issue and it works perfectly now for me, so it's a job very well done, and like an early Christmas present as well! Thanks to everyone who worked on it making this possible!

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Kotaku article references something written up at a place called resetera. Anyone have an account there? I'm Writing up an FAQ about the patch, including what you need from the PDF, and how the game and the book differ from the PS3, but I don't have permission to post there with an update on all of that so far.

The biggest thing is that they seem to think we just stole the book wholesale from the PS3 and are taking credit for translating it, whereas we added 20 pages to the Japanese book, translated ~100 pages of content that was specifically DS content (unique Imagen, the entire maps chapter, the travelling eggs page, the revised Astram characters that work with the DS-only dream world, all of the astram-based text in the book, the many riddles that use the chapter title pages, and other unique pages that we needed to revise to work with our Astram -> English mapping, etc....) and I'm feeling a bit protective of the team and all the work that they put in, so I'd like to be able to correct the misconceptions as soon as possible...

Anyway... Yes, we borrowed as much as we could from the PS3 digital book, but no it isn't identical, and making sure the astram text worked with all of the puzzles was a weekend exercise in crazy word free association... Haha... (>_<)

I'll type up a full list for the FAQ, as well as all the riddle answers for people that don't want to figure things out, but it will take some time. There are lots of riddles.

Last edited by Anjiera,

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
You should probably just post in that article or send a private letter to that writer's contact in that kotaku site with clarification so that he rephrase his wordings or even revise it entirely.

Reactions: mooglazer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: