Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You talk about the game itself, or the unlocked gazette DLC part ?
I didn't try the other patch with the gazette unlocked.

if it's about the game itself, I think I tried the original one and it didn't work. I don't remember what happened though.
Just try both, the patching process is fast. transferring the ROM to SD and testing is what takes longer.
It's fast to test, try closing the lid in game and see if sleep mode works or freezes.
Even faster if it just doesn't boot, or black screen, white screen at launch or when loading etc.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an endearing game. But man, what a powerful beginning. The writing -- it's like watching a really good Ghibli animation. In spite of the framerate during animation sequences, which, well, it's the DS, it's so beautiful.

Hope I can play through the whole thing without any technical issues. I started it and played through quite a bit of it a long time back, but don't remember much of it. So, starting fresh again.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, the DS version is great, but im just gonna wait for someone to finish this translation.
With the healing being borked its just not quite the same.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well, I spoke too soon. Got to the big tree dude when they first enter Ni no Kuni, and the game just keeps saying that the spell isn't working when I draw the fire spell. :(

EDIT: Nvm. I figured out, it seems the game wants you to find the spells in the actual physical manual, I presume. :D

Last edited by GeekyGuy,

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm in the Dream World after sleeping at the inn. I'm assuming the answers to the riddles are to be given in English also, right? Is there a guide/FAQ for what the English answers and spells are?

Hydra_Spectre

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well, I know this fan translation is a literal translation of the original Japanese script.
However, I strongly prefer the English translation, and it would be great if there would be a Dominion of the Dark Djinn English patch that would take more from the official English translation of Wrath of the White Witch while being for the DS version.
Alongside the official translation of The Wizard's Companion book from the PS3 Collector's Edition.

On the other hand, it would also be amazing if a retranslation patch for the PC remaster can be made that has a literal English translation of the original Japanese script.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: Who talked about penises?