1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    GBA ? There were no Star Ocean released on that console.

blue sphere, sequel to Start Ocean 2, is a game boy (color) game as stated on the romhacking page I linked.
    the page I linked is the update (from Feb2020) to the french v1.0 patch released in 2011.

and if you talk about the other link, from archive, there's no mention to "advance" anywhere, and it's the correct "blue sphere" game for GBC requested by Kosterix few post above.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Pixel_Astronaut

Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi i tried to play the translation, i have a R4 sdhc 2020, with ysmenu and twlight menu, but the game doesnt boot, tried all the patches, and some doesnt boot, one shows the video but then it crashes, and the other one doesnt show after the inicial logos. what could ill be doing wrong?

3. papercave

papercave Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I know some people have mentioned on here about the "heal" spell bug outside of combat. I too am playing this patched rom on a cfw 2ds via TwilightMenu++ and have tested this bug several different ways. I have not found any way around it, but I did discover that the game only crashes when you heal a main character (Oliver, Mary, Shizuki, etc) and not Imagen. I'm about 9 hours into the game and have tested this bug several times. It ALWAYS crashes if you use the heal spell (via learned spells OR drawing) on a main character and then press B, X, or the touch screen B. It doesn't matter what combination of characters you try and heal or if they had full health or not, it always crashes. BUT you can safely heal any of your Imagen and press B and the game will not crash.

Hope this helps for anyone thinking they have to play through the whole game without ever healing outside of battle. Even though it's not ideal, healing only your Imagen is still WAY better than thinking you can't heal at all, just be super careful not to apply heal to any main character. I think I also tested this with antidote and the game also crashes. So outside battle, spells cannot be used on main characters. I try and keep the main characters healed as battle ends and let my Imagen take most the heat. So far, it hasn't impacted gameplay TOO MUCH if I just keep it in mind that I can't heal my main characters. So I backtrack to save points, or use lots of items, etc. The game isn't particularly hard so it's definitely doable.

elenarguez and Cyan like this.
  4. SirDavey-13

SirDavey-13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Playing NinoKuni on a 218 in one Flash cart ( on New 3ds w current non-custom firmware... Believe its Ace3ds its one of those super china/pirate carts lol ) Works great!! Currently about 15 hours in. Can't believe they fit this all on the ds what a feat to patch! Thanks for your hard work :)

Plattym3! likes this.
  5. Plattym3!

Plattym3! Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you played DQ9? There's so so so so much content able to be put in DS carts.

SirDavey-13 likes this.
  6. SirDavey-13

SirDavey-13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sadly I have not! Its on my the long list of JRPGS I need to get around to!

Its just wild to me with all the music, cut-scenes and just how overall big the game is.
    Shame the Ds gets so much hate cuz it really does have alot to offer

Plattym3! likes this.
  7. Plattym3!

Newcomer

United States
    I've got over 120 hours on DQ9. Plenty of friends with over 400+. There's so so so much to do post game.

Have loved the 18 hours NNK1. Finally just played it all on Switch

SirDavey-13 likes this.
  8. SirDavey-13

SirDavey-13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Holy god.. Do you craft stuff on it or what? Must be nice to have DS friendly pals! Where I'm from, I mention DS and people are like wut u on sunny

I'll probably play it here soon-- got NNK, Dq5 and FE Shadow dragon im going thru currently!

9. Plattym3!

Newcomer

United States
    There's infinite number of randomly generated dungeons.

There is the ability to fight basically every boss in the series. They start at level 1. If you beat them and give them the EXP, they go up a level, up to level 99.

There is multiplayer. I went up to NYC a few years back and did that with a group that had been meeting for 6+ years almost weekly.

There are something like 180 sidequests. A good half of them are post game, so plenty to do.

Lots of job classes to work through.

10. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Has anyone tried already to see if the bug of the healing spell happens with the original Japanese game? I remember there was sone anti-piracy code in that part of the game that is not patched yet.

11. neven84

neven84 Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of

Last edited by neven84, Sep 26, 2020
  12. Minishroom123

Minishroom123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi. I'm at the post game and I'm determined to get 100% in this game, including the beastiary. I was wondering if the tickets for the missing Imagen are obtained through the DLC? I'm currently not able to connect my DS to the internet, so I can't get it myself...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, [ENG],