Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zkarts, Nov 7, 2014.

1. plasturion

plasturion GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2012
    Poland
    Tree
    Can we report bugs here? Quest 77 "Hope Sprouts" objective is missleading. She need ambition fragment instead of courage.

2. desrone2

desrone2 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2015
    Canada
    I don't see it..

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you can report here or by mail, but I don't know if any are being checked or not.
    since the release, we don't have any news from Anjiera or the team.

continue to post all you find, hopefully it can be useful to them one day.

4. DmitriyRUS

DmitriyRUS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Russia
    Thank you very much! Using your instructions I was able to access more quests.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by DmitriyRUS, Jun 5, 2019
  5. waitsnake

waitsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2019
    Germany
    おつかれさまです。Thanks a lot for your the long and hard translation work.
    After watching all the Ghibli films I read years ago about this game.
    Since I tired to learn Japanese at that time (with little success after all) I even bought the NDS game direct from japan with the book. At the end I study too less and it was too hard for me to play it in Japanese. But now that your translation is finished I try to play it again. And in the cut scenes I could understand a litte of the spoken Japanese and could check it by seeing the english subtitles.

I have a dstwo and used the arm7 patch because of the sleeping problem (AP) and it works when I open and close the lid. Yesterday in the middle while playing the game stops without warning and screen turns black. It was because of a the empty battery of cause and fortunately I saved not too long ago. But I can't remember that I saw the low battery warning on ma NDS (blinking red LED)? Maybe I was too much in the gameplay or maybe that is also related to the AP and not fixed by the arm7 patch yet? I will keep an eye on it.

6. polyjay

polyjay Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    I end up with a black screen.

Last edited by polyjay, Jun 12, 2019
  7. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    The Anjiera I followed in this thread is a perfectionist. Her personality type isn't the kind to abandon a project that's nearly finished. The odds are she doesn't have time, needs a break, or both. A perfectionist will also react strongly to failure or disappointment. Perhaps the number of bugs surprised and/or frustrated her after working so hard to deliver a bug-free release. Once she takes a deep breath, she'll be back.

Hopefully. ;)

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I don't think there are that many bug left.
    the AP protection (which actually triggers by trying to fix it). restoring the default unpatched arm.bin and letting the cartridge's FW take care of it is one solution.
    But I'm sure there's a way to fix it definitely for all flashcarts.

There's also the freeze of resurect spell, but only if you select it in the list. if you draw it yourself, it doesn't freeze.

I've read other freezes might happen, not confirmed by more users?

there are few mistakes in the script (seeing the game's script language, instead of the actual game's text)

she's a perfectionist and that's all to her advantage. It's just exhausting and she already spent a lot of time on it, on detriment to her family. She deserve the rest, but hope she'll come back :)
    But she's not the only one from the team, and we didn't get any news from anyone else.
    I'm curious to know how many report they got from here and from mail, if it was helpful.
    I'd want to help too if I have time.

random, stupid thought I had : when I saw the new release of NNK on new plateforms (switch, PS4, PC), I thought maybe the team has been approached officially and therefore they have a NDA and can't talk here ? nahh, not possible. the patch would have been removed. that would just be funny if if was used as base for a re-release on another console. but it's still not perfect enough for that.

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 13, 2019
  9. Atticaius

Atticaius Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    United States
    This is now probably my favorite game. I've never seen a game that actually makes you read a book to play it. And that makes me so engaged with it. I'm kinda having a problem with one of the quests though. It's quest number 043, which the Purrsian boy needs motivation. I didn't find anyone in Catnap Kingdom to take it from. Is it something you have to wait for?

Also, I hope The translation team is ok. I followed this project since 2017. They did an amazing job. The Magic Master translation was an incredible achievement.

Last edited by Atticaius, Jun 16, 2019
  10. moveyourlife

moveyourlife Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    Portugal
    Hi, can u reuploud the RetrogameFan patch?

11. polyjay

polyjay Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    So you can't resurrect people? I'm sorry I'm looking for othr posts about it. Oliver died, but he came back after the battle and it shortly crashed to a black screen after. Should I just not die in the game?

12. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N2DS XL
    No. I think only games where you're allowed to die is the Dark Souls series. :moogle:

Plattym3! likes this.
  13. NoobCycle

NoobCycle Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    Indonesia
    First of all.... Thank you so much for the patch the team has created, one of the best project that has been completed on beautiful game...

I don't know if it's been resolved or not, but i'm playing this on my N3DS XL using twilight menu++ v. 8.4.0. with nds bootsrap v.0.21.1. the game runs fine using the arm7 patch but freeze when i tried to use heal spell on the field. Does this issue has been resolved? I searched for the fix but hasn't found it yet... Plz any help would be most appreciated...

Once again thank you very much for this awesome patch

14. Fel

Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

May 5, 2009
    So close and yet so far away.
    It seems like it's a bug. You need to draw the rune yourself, if you select the spell from the list the game freezes.

15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Spells can't be used in a battle, so it's a fake spell and you can't use it to resurrect while fighting.
    after a battle, all your dead characters have 1HP so you can heal them. this is not a bug. if you want to do the spell for collection completion, just draw it manually by looking at your book/pdf, instead of picking it in the list. if you never do it, it won't change a thing as you never need it.

You should not die.
    At least, you should not have 3 characters dead in battle, just swap dead characters with others from your reserve.

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 30, 2019
  16. polyjay

polyjay Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    What I mean is you can't even use the heal spell outside of battle without it crashing?

17. neven84

neven84 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone extensively tested out the patched ROM on New 3DS/2DS using TWiLight Menu++? I set up the game and tried the opening, but I was wondering if there are problems further in the game?

18. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The heal spell doesn't crash and works correctly. I use it all the time.
    only the resurrect spell is a fake one (never needed, it's not a battle spell, and characters are auto-resurrected after a battle so you don't need it). Therefore not a big problem that it crashes if you pick it in the list to "unlock" it the first time. just look at the design in your book and draw it yourself if you want all your spells unlocked.

I think there's no problem. users said it worked, and I don't remember anyone reporting issues later in the story.
    just verify you can close the lid without freezing the game, and you are good to play it :)

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 9, 2019
  19. jayantony

jayantony Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    The patch for ysmenu

RetrogameFan v1.0 patch

is no longer available. Could someone fix it?

20. RPGTsukuru

RPGTsukuru Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    Russia
    Any idea how to get enabled DLC quests for playing on emulator? Cause I dont have console and cant do those actions.