Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zkarts, Nov 7, 2014.

1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Great work! :)

Anjiera likes this.
  2. Madikan

Madikan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm so glad this project finally saw the light of day !

I used the armv7 patch on my DSTWO running on a new 3DS and no problems so far ! It doesn't freeze and sleep-mode works like a charm.
    So thanks for all the work put in this, totally worth it !!

Zkarts and Anjiera like this.
  3. RPGTsukuru

RPGTsukuru Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    Russia
    I want to thank everyone who participated in this translation. Thanks to you, we will be able to pass the game, the translation of which we hoped to get back in the days of the release of this game. Thank you for your great work, allowing us to go through this wonderful game on both PC and consoles.

jesterscourt, Anjiera and linuxares like this.
  4. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Good work!

But as far as I played, this game has its spanish translation at 100% for about one year now (it was the last time I played, but I didn't completed it though, so I am not sure if it is or was completed). What I mean is, if you had trouble translating from the japanese, you could have taken that translation and translate it to english. Am I right?

Well done, anyways!

Anjiera likes this.
  5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Awesome job guys! Well worth the wait!

BTW, for any people new to this thread/project in need of the Wizards Companion book, I posted a link to a download for it on page 25 of this thread.

Last edited by duwen, Dec 10, 2018
    Anjiera likes this.
  6. Blackmonster

Blackmonster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    been playin this on desmume and it runs pretty smooth, the game is great.

Ty to evry1 who made this happen, the translation ingame and the magic book is perfect.

I am enjoyin this game a lot.

Anjiera likes this.
  7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    You lot are the unsung heroes for this game. The real bosses.

Good job. Thank you.

Anjiera and Plattym3! like this.
  8. mesakagi

mesakagi Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    projects like these is why i love gbatemp community so much! Thanks for the hard work and now people can enjoy this game!

Anjiera and Plattym3! like this.
  9. Shifty_13

Shifty_13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    Russia
    Doesn't work for me :(
    R4 SDHC GOLD Pro with YSmenu gives: "load rom errcode=-4".

UPDATE: Used that modified patch and now the game seems to work fine with nds-bootstrap but still no luck with flashcard.

Last edited by Shifty_13, Dec 10, 2018
    Anjiera likes this.
  10. bytar

bytar Holy Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Japan
    What is that modified patch? If it works with nds-bootsrap thing who cares the flashcards? I just want to play this game.

Anjiera likes this.
  11. Plattym3!

Plattym3! Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    In terms of gaming, that's such a mixed metaphor. I now want to power grind and defeat these said bosses!

eyeliner and Anjiera like this.
  12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    hmm, what? why ?

1) why provide a link in a random page? very few people will see your comment and it'll be quickly lost.
    page 25 is very old, so there's no way it's the official book for the DS game (note that PS3 and DS book are different), and if it's the DS book there's no way it's the matching translated one as it was just released yesterday.

2) for anyone who need the book (which means every players, as it's mandatory to play the game), the book is provided with the translation patch, on the link on the first post.
    the book is specifically translated and coded (page numbers, clues, etc.) for the translated version of the game.

but thanks for wanting to help anyway.

Last edited by Cyan, Dec 10, 2018
    tyrantnyx and Anjiera like this.
  13. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Back when I originally posted it (what... almost two years ago - hence the page of the thread) there was no translation of the DS book linked in the OP and people were asking for it. It's the PS3 version (ie. official translation) - and AFAIK all the info is the same, so the DS version translation seems kind of pointless.

Last edited by duwen, Dec 10, 2018
    Anjiera likes this.
  14. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    when you posted (this page, or page25?), the link was already in the first post as it has always been included with the translation patch.
    I added a note to tell that the link contains both, it'll prevent people from asking for it as it's included.

The magic book for PS3 and NDS might be identical (in fact I didn't compare, so I'm sorry about what I said), but the provided translated magic book have additional pages with more bestiaries and data made by the translation team.
    the one you provided on page25 will miss information compared to the one provided with the patch. I don't know how much changes done in the book the patch is relying on.

Last edited by Cyan, Dec 10, 2018
    tyrantnyx and Anjiera like this.
  15. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    I haven't really did much with the settings. I'm using a Asus Nexus 7 tablet and just adjusted the DS screens to fit the whole tablet screen accurately.
    Oh, and I've been using the scale2x shader.

Anjiera likes this.
  16. prectorian

prectorian Chef Kirby

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Vanuatu
    I see. May I know what are activated/on in your "Advance" settings? Because I had to make adjustment to the "advance" settings to be able to play Pokemon Black/White 2.

Last edited by prectorian, Dec 10, 2018
    Anjiera likes this.
  17. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Good to know about the additional info. Thanks.

Anjiera likes this.
  18. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    I haven't touched anything on the "Advanced" settings, instead of turning off "Use Low-Res UI Textures".

Anjiera likes this.
  19. prectorian

prectorian Chef Kirby

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Vanuatu
    Ah ok. In that case, I'll try to see if I can make it load with what you mentioned. Thank you.

Anjiera and RedoLane like this.
  20. OokamiDesu

OokamiDesu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    Ukraine
    Thanks for your amazing work, guys!

But sadly, for some reasons i can't play in this game on my NDS... I patched it with the soft what u recommended, and first time i got an error "disk errcode=-6". So i read some mssg from this post and saw like one guy used an modif. ver. of patch. So i used it too, and now i have "disk errcode=-82". Even if i used AP fix... So... Can someone help me with this?

Anjiera likes this.