1. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Austria
    Amazing work! Congratulations to the whole team!:)

Anjiera likes this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    I checked the list of helpers, and there are a lot I don't know, we always saw only Anjiera, Pleonex and Zkarts as active members here, so we often forget about every one else. There are probably members of other websites too.
    Thank you Anjiera and everybody who worked on this project for the past 8 year :)
    Thank you for all the time you dedicated to make this happen and for all your support on the forum to keep us informed of the progress.

I tried the release on my DSTwo gbatemp edition on my 3DS. I have the sleep bug too. I thought SuperCard DSTwo would be working fine as it has additional cpu to counter AP check. Maybe it's because my firmware is old?
    I'll try the other patch with original arm7.bin, but you said it would create other issues? I'll test and keep the one working best for me.
    edit: Sleep mode is working fine now. I wonder what other problem it might have created. so far so good, I'm off to play the game !

Anjiera : Would you have any main screen picture or screenshot to put on this thread's first post? it would look nice with the title :)
    maybe we could change the first post, I guess there's no need of "proof" or changelog anymore.
    This deserve a portal news, I hope a reporter will make one (we need a nice picture first!)

edit: I usually don't write portal news, I'm not very good at that, my english is poor.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    tyrantnyx and Anjiera like this.
  3. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Austria
    This is front page material Cyan, @BORTZ!:)

Anjiera and Plattym3! like this.
  4. zKin

zKin GBAtemp Regular

France
    wow, congratulations!!!

Anjiera likes this.
  5. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Works great on the CycloDS Evolution.

I'm probably the only one still using that ancient flashcart.

Thanks for you all your hard work!

Anjiera likes this.
  6. arsenelupin

arsenelupin Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Yeah, same here.

Anjiera likes this.
  7. Sara

Sara Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When trying to apply the patch I get "xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" Is my dump bad? MD5: 2E7CD5C257F60063FAAC64BC9B87CE02 (unpatched)

Anjiera likes this.
  8. Anjiera

Anjiera 漫画 && ROM XL8R

Canada
    Thanks for the detailed update! We'll get in touch when we eventually have more info if we need you to test it out for us. I need to go double check what version of the OS I have on my R4, but it is definitely a super old one. In the meantime, I don't think we've had anyone complain about problems on emulators (as opposed to flashcarts) so that would be a way for you to play for now. Not sure when we'll have a fix for this arm7 / AP workaround causing other problems issue.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The link in the HowToPatch file included in the zip is to xdelta1.1. The patch was created with 1.1, and xdelta 3 does not work with 1.1 patch files from what I understand.

Please use xdelta 1.1, not xdelta 3.
    https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

9. kinder_bueno

kinder_bueno Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Does the patch include also fix for AP measures?

Anjiera likes this.
  10. Anjiera

Anjiera 漫画 && ROM XL8R

Canada
    I'm working on being nice to people on twitter and reddit to answer all the usual questions about "isn't this just the same as the PS3 game" and "why is the book required to play", while also trying to put together a romhacking.net entry, so... YES. I will update the front page, but it will likely be tomorrow as my afternoon is super busy already. ha ha...

It does, but unfortunately that seems to be causing issues for some people on some flashcarts. :( I have not yet heard of anyone having problems with running the game on an emulator, though, so that might be your best bet.

The three things that we saw re: AP during testing:
    [1] Your game won't even load, you will get a white screen before the main game screen.
    [2] If you get past that, you can still have problems about 40 minutes into the game. Your game will hang when you try to fight in any battle. Unfortunately there aren't any nice save points right before the first battle in the game, so even if you have saved often you will lose some game progress before finding out that the AP feature is screwing your file over. The save file will be good to go once the patch is fixed, but we don't really know when that will be yet.
    [3] the sleep hang that people are talking about here - this happened so much I forgot it was a problem with the patch and not the flashcard, so... we didn't even try to fix it until people started mentioning it here. Sorry for that, folks! We knew about it, but we got used to it after years and years of dealing with it. :/

No promises on when we will be able to fix the flashcart issues, but hopefully you can enjoy it on another device in the meantime.

tyrantnyx likes this.
  11. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    ahh, good luck with all the questions !
    for recurring questions, I hope you can write it once and refer everyone to your message.

Thank you for the list of possible issues with the AP check.
    I'll see if I have any issue in ~40min

edit:
    I added a FAQ/Known issue section on the first post.
    I didn't gather all the non/working flashcart names yet, if someone made one I'll put it on first post too.

Anjiera likes this.
  12. Sara

Sara Member
    Newcomer

United States

The link in the HowToPatch file included in the zip is to xdelta1.1. The patch was created with 1.1, and xdelta 3 does not work with 1.1 patch files from what I understand.

Please use xdelta 1.1, not xdelta 3.
    https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/[/QUOTE]

hmm That's what I used though

13. Anjiera

Anjiera 漫画 && ROM XL8R

Canada
    Thanks for putting the FAQ on the front page! I will write up a FAQ of more things later today, I was just trying to give people personal responses... but yeah, now there are too many responses to do that for. oops! I didn't think this many people would be talking about it on the release day. haha.

I have to go do some other life stuff until probably really late tonight, so I won't be around to answer questions for a while. Seems like things here are going okay, and people are coming up with interesting ideas on how to solve the issues that we are seeing. Glad to hear that this works for some people, sorry to hear it doesn't work for everyone, but mostly I'm just happy that we could finally release something, and to do it on the original game's anniversary date is a nice bonus! :D

Talk soon!

Your error message said "xdelta3: blah blah", so ... I'm gonna say you used XDelta 3... :)

Whaddap and ravihpa like this.
  14. kinder_bueno

kinder_bueno Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Unfortunately the translation does not work with nds-bootstrap (checked with version 0.11.2 and 0.12.3.rev01 [the current one]), it hangs on white screen. AP patched japanese rom works with no problems though :(

Anjiera likes this.
  15. Sara

Sara Member
    Newcomer

United States
    can someone post the proper xdelta? as I literally used the one un the readme like it said, but got that error.

Anjiera likes this.
  16. bytar

bytar Holy Knight

Japan
    Doesn't work on

R4i Gold Pro
    R4i SDHC 3DS
    and my ancient Super Card Lite Rumble with Superkey

I am begging for a fix man. This game shouldn't be wasted with an emulator.

17. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I've just played it for 2 hours on my NDS and I am absolutely impressed. The music especially sounds exactly like on the PS3... I don't know how Level 5 did it. My jaw dropped already when I first heard the OP music through my in-ear headphones and it stayed that way. In general the production value of that title is absolutely through the roof. Tons of voice acting, beautiful backgrounds and menus, well animated cel shaded 3D character models that look better than most other NDS titles, a beautiful overworld map (!!!) and turn based combat (!!!) that is exponentially better than the real time hybrid system of the PS3 version. The only and really only thing I wish this game had would be a difficulty selection as the PS3 version offered since it can be a bit on the easy side. But that is a very minor nitpick. Also I surprisingly enjoy drawing the runes for spells on the screen (I normally hate touch screen gimmicks).

And the translation you guys did is flawless, very well written and it flows so well. I love it. I might be overly enthusiastic since I loved the PS3 version so much, but this may be my game of the year, if fan translation releases count. Thank you so much.

18. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    Congratulations!!!

Anjiera likes this.
  19. tommikinder

tommikinder GBAtemp Regular

Thank you so much, I've been waiting for this translation for so long and I'm so happy it's finished!
    I have the game on my flash cart, the magic book on my iPad and the biggest smile on my face! :lol:

Attached Files:

Anjiera, Svinorin and Cyan like this.
  20. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Anyone have the free, fan-translated "magic guide" mentioned, when you start a new game?
    Mods, feel free to delete this post if I'm violating ToS by requesting this.

Anjiera likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, [ENG],