Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zkarts, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Anjiera

Anjiera 漫画 && ROM XL8R

May 23, 2015
    Canada
    Deitz, while I appreciate the sentiment, I can assure you that all of us on the project have enough money to get by. The hard part is always finding good people, and then having those people find the time to work on the project. We all have lives, and this is all unpaid and largely uncredited work that we're doing (you can't really put these things on a resume for a real translation job), so the best currency that you can "pay" us in is patience and encouragement. :)

2. kosterix

kosterix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    Barbados
    Some things in life cannot be bought with money. If translators would accept money, the work would degrade into a buyer/obligation thing. The whole idea is unpleasant.

3. koukous

koukous Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2015
    Macau
    i realy apreciate what your doing and at the moment all i can do is wiching you all good luck and thanking you for the efforts :)

4. Phenzyn

Phenzyn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2018
    Canada
    I am really hoping this is still happening

5. LumInvader
    This message by LumInvader has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 20, 2018, Reason: no word post, meme post, not a picture board?.
    Jan 20, 2018
  6. Anjiera

Anjiera 漫画 && ROM XL8R

May 23, 2015
    Canada
    It is still a work in progress - or rather, a work in the seemingly interminable editing and bug fixing stage. BUT. It is still happening, yes. Hahah.

It'll never be perfect, but we keep finding little things that make it tricky to play and some of the technical issues need a delicate hand.

Thanks for your patience and encouragement!

7. 330

330 Banned

Banned
    Nov 20, 2017
    Nauru
    Comfy nest
    Thank you for the hard work you guys are doing! Can't wait to see the project when it's done :D

ShroomKing and Anjiera like this.
  8. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    rooting fot all the team!!!

Cheers :D

9. mimshipio

mimshipio Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Ireland
    would it be unreasonable to think that this project will see a release this year? I'm not trying to sound impatient, sorry if it comes across as that. i've just been super hyped for this release since 2016 and you seem to be moving really quickly and nearing the end (from an outsider perspective; i have no idea how difficult the bugs are to fix). anyway, good luck, i'm looking forward to when this comes out

10. desrone2

desrone2 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2015
    Canada
    New year update progress yet?

11. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    she posted yesterday.
    but I guess you want something concrete (any screenshot or percentage ?)

if it's not too risky (thinking about c&d) some screenshots would be interesting to show progress on past issues/fixes and might help people wait a little more.

edit:
    I added her message on the first post to have a "2018" progress.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 25, 2018
  12. NierLuc

NierLuc Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    This has got to be the most beautiful DS game produced. More power to these translators!

ShroomKing likes this.
  13. Gsdh

Gsdh Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry I messed up that last post as I had 2 windows open at once and I wrote in the wrong one...

To Anjiera - I have recently retired and would have plenty of time to Playtest if this would be of any help to you.

Last edited by Gsdh, Feb 8, 2018
  14. SlashofaSword

SlashofaSword Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    I watched a playthrough of WOTWW quite a few years ago (probably around when it came out) and I loved it so much, I wanted to play it really badly but I never got a PS3, but hopefully I'll get to play this translate of the DS version!

15. Madikan

Madikan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    Belgium
    Glad to see there is still progress going on !
    Would it be reasonable to say that it could be ready in time for a release alongside Ni No Kuni 2 though ?

16. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    we all hope it'll be released before NNK2.
    but next month is coming fast, I doubt it will be ready as anjiera didn't post a new progress.

the team is still fixing small and last problems. I don't know if the "beta test" phase is done at the same time, or if a full playthrough will be done before release.

mimshipio likes this.
  17. Madikan

Madikan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    Belgium
    All right, thanks for the clarification ! We'll see how it goes I guess

18. mimshipio

mimshipio Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Ireland
    Hey, could anyone give me a lowdown on how difficult the japanese in this game is? like how would i fair with JLPT N4 and 400 kanji?

19. TALAN90

TALAN90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2015
    Italy
    i think is more easy play the spanish version if u dont want to wait the english version XD

20. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    It's difficult. I have JLPT N3 with 600 kanjis and can't play it....

21. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think many people have specific accent, and using words you might not use in every day's life.
    That's why that game is difficult to translate, even for the official PS3 version they decided to use Welsh to transcript the funny speaking accent of Drippy. I'm not even sure I'd understand Welsh, so even in english it's maybe hard to understand for some people :P

Anjiera likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice