Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom releases on the Nintendo Switch this fall

Bandai Namco is bringing over Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom to the Nintendo Switch, with the port set to arrive two years after the release of the first game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, on the system. Given the subtitle of "Prince's Edition", this version of Ni no Kuni II will bundle together its previous DLC and updates, including The Lair of the Lost Lord and Tale of a Timeless Tome. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Prince's Edition will be available in both Europe and North America on September 17th, for the full retail price of $59.99, in digital and physical format.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome! The original Ni no Kuni on the Switch was a blast to play. Both games are like playing a Studio Ghibli anime as opposed to simply watching one.
Ni No Kuni 2 sadly isn't as good as the first one anymore. They got rid of the whole pet system and what's left is just a maybe 7/10 JRPG.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm still waiting for the Xbox one versions ;-;

I've played NNK 1 and 2 on PS3 and PS4, lovely games but I agree with wurst, first one is still better then the 2nd one.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! The original Ni no Kuni on the Switch was a blast to play. Both games are like playing a Studio Ghibli anime as opposed to simply watching one.
The second one is not as good as the original. It throws out the battle system and the familiar system turns into tales of style combat. The characters are pretty meh too.

Daddylee_0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bandai Namco is bringing over Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom to the Nintendo Switch, with the port set to arrive two years after the release of the first game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, on the system. Given the subtitle of "Prince's Edition", this version of Ni no Kuni II will bundle together its previous DLC and updates, including The Lair of the Lost Lord and Tale of a Timeless Tome. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Prince's Edition will be available in both Europe and North America on September 17th, for the full retail price of $59.99, in digital and physical format.

awesome oppossum

Reactions: rimoJO

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ni No Kuni 2 sadly isn't as good as the first one anymore. They got rid of the whole pet system and what's left is just a maybe 7/10 JRPG.
Exactly, Ni no Kuni II isn't bad exactly, but far less unique and magical than the original. It's kind of like Tales, but worse. Also kind of crazy that it's releasing this late on Switch, but still at a full $60 when it's gone as low as $9 on PSN. The price of Bandai Namco releases usually falls pretty quickly regardless, so you probably needn't wait long to get it at a fairer value.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The second one is not as good as the original. It throws out the battle system and the familiar system turns into tales of style combat. The characters are pretty meh too.

Now you got me interested.

Exactly, Ni no Kuni II isn't bad exactly, but far less unique and magical than the original. It's kind of like Tales, but worse. Also kind of crazy that it's releasing this late on Switch, but still at a full $60 when it's gone as low as $9 on PSN. The price of Bandai Namco releases usually falls pretty quickly regardless, so you probably needn't wait long to get it at a fairer value.

And now you got me worried, but Tales man. I'm a sucker for that.

Reactions: godreborn

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Now you got me interested.

And now you got me worried, but Tales man. I'm a sucker for that.
The thing is if I want Tales of I play Tales of Vesperia or Abyss. I don't buy ni no kuni 2 to have a tales of experience I bought it hoping for a Ni No Kuni experience. Also NNK2 has too many side activities that slow the pace of the story too much for my taste.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This game is pretty decent, all things considered; definitely not a must-buy or spectacular (it's no Persona 5 Royal or Xenoblade Chronicles, or Final Fantasy XII), but I did have fun with it.
Definitely a 7/10 or thereabouts; quite good, but not stellar. It's certainly a better choice than a certain unwanted, miserable sequel to a previously-standalone zombie-apocalypse game on the PS4; don't waste your money on that, spend it on this instead if you actually want a fun and enjoyable time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1