Nhl Slapshot

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mikk0, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010

Nhl Slapshot by Mikk0 at 10:38 PM (1,509 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Mikk0
    OP

Newcomer Mikk0 Advanced Member

Finland
    well 1st of all i like the game prettey mutch.. first good hockey game on wii if you ask me

but.. how the heck are you suppose to win face offs? or to really aim your passings?
    atleast i havent been able to find out any good patern to make me win loads of face offs nor make good passes..

other thing is the lifting the stick and (dont remeber whats it called) b+thrust the stick, cant seem to get them work properly in 99% of times

yes, im not useing the retarded stick for this game [​IMG]

and i do have to add this here: can you really control only one player on the carrer mode or have i just missed some option to do so? if so.. its just retarded (even tho its quite cool)

2. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    win face offs by shaking the remote when the ref drops the puck. the b button does a deke. it seems like you can only control your created played in career mode. i like it i think its fun, its also unique.

the game is pretty fun overall, i like it better than nhl 2k11, but i always prefer arcade style to simulation. can't wait for nba jam.

3. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    1) You win the face-offs by flicking the remote (since you're not using a stick, just flick) when he drops it. Just flick rapidly if you feel like it, as the AI doesn't seem to be that great at face-offs.
    2) Aiming passes as far as I know can be controlled by pointing the analog stick in the direction of the person and then pressing A.
    3) Lifting the stick and poke-checking (that's what it's called) requires precise timing to pull of successfully. Without the help of the Wii MotionPlus, that seems to be really hard to do. Just stick with body checks, that's what this game was made for. =P
    4) High five! =D
    5) Peewee to Pro only lets you use one player, because you're being that player from start to finish, that's what the mode is all about.

4. Mikk0
    OP

Newcomer Mikk0 Advanced Member

Finland
    well kinda tought so too about the lifting and pokeing, just dont seem to get them right and then they are always on a break away [​IMG]
    well maybe i'll just practice some more.. you'll never know when you master something like this

peewee to pro is quite cool idea.. but i cant stand there as a defence man and hope for a goal when my retarded team mates wont get anything deacent done [​IMG]

also tried being a goalkeeper, that blew some serious ass.. sadly