NGPAdvance v0.3

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Oct 1, 2008.

1. JPH
    OP

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    NGPAdvance v0.3
    Neo Geo Pocket Color Emu for the GBA
    An update for Flubba's Neo Geo Pocket Color emulator for the GameBoy Advance has been released! You can see about the changes below.

Download
    Developer's Blog

2. The Worst

The Worst Banned

Banned
    Feb 8, 2005
    United States
    West Tempadelphia
    [​IMG] I love the fact that Flubba is still at it.

3. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    You know, I've always wanted to try Sonic pocket adventure, this sounds like a good excuse to try it.

Edit: Ah, it's no good, it runs too slowly, about 15-30 FPS...

4. Dedale

Dedale GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2003
    Canada
    Montreal
    still, it's nice to see that the project is alive ! [​IMG]

5. Gore

Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 15, 2007
    United States
    Finally homebrew news for GBA. [​IMG]
    Wish there was more of it.

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    if the new ds truly lacks a gba port, i would expect you will see less of it. as it is most of the devs have moved on to ds slot1. even dwedit announced he was porting the recent build of pocketnes over to slot1. all the comps have fewer entries in the gba categories now. i know some of the more retro people (like flubba) might stay in gba mode, but either they will move on or die out. sadly all good things come to an end.

-another world

7. DespizingU

DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2007
    United States
    Now THAT is great news. Pocketnes is an excellent emulator, and I've been wishing it was ported over to the DS. NesDS I'm just not found of. So when I do play some NES emulation, instead of using my actual console, I play it on my GBA just because of Pocketnes. In my opinion NesDS is just a little too rough around the edges(although I am thankful someone took the time out to create it). Luckily someone from Pocket Heaven(can't remember his name right now) hacked it to where you can use the touch screen controls as button combinations.

I just like everything about Pocketnes. Hopefully that will be ported over very soon.

8. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    NesDS is a built on the PocketNes source code. Thats about as close to a PocketNES port as you are gonna get. IMO, it's the best NES emu for the DS [​IMG]

9. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Yes, but it's built off of very old PocketNES sourcecode. Dwedit was porting it over from the versions he had created. Don't know if he ever got it into a workable form though.

10. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Its nice that its still coming along.

Neo Geo Pocket Colour was an excellent machine, SNK & Capcoms stuff for it was vrilliant, some of the best fighters you can get for an handheld. Also I thought Sonic Pocket Adventure was the best Sonic game.

11. mintsauce82

mintsauce82 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    That's great, really, but GBA? Why not DS at this point in time? I'm probably the biggest NGPC fan ever. Like, ever. But I can't even be bothered to try this because I haven't touched my GBA in years. [​IMG]

12. shinset

shinset Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2006
    I d love to see a good ngpc emulator on gba to play MOTM or last blade on GBmicro !

13. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I thought Dwedit decided to stop the NES DS production. I knew he began to port over the newer Pocket NES code, but I though he decided to stop. Or am I thinking about Goomba Color?

I wish more people would try out their hand at SNES emulation on DS. But I guess I can't complain since I can't do jack with it myself!

14. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I don't remember him specifically stating "I'm not going to finish porting PocketNES to the DS" but it's true that he just kinda stopped a month or two ago. Same thing with Goomba Color.

15. kjean

kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 15, 2008
    where I'm from
    19-21 fps on my DS and it actually reconize DS. Lol.

16. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    It can recognize the DS by checking a single bit in the GBA BIOS that is different on the DS, but it can't use any of the DS-specific features.